What kind of tomatoes will you be planting this spring?

Andyge

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 29, 2010
I will be planting Jaune Flamme Tomato ,Big Beef Tomato ,Sweet 100 tomato and Sun gold tomatoes.

Andy

Black Cherry, green grape, OSU blue, sungold cherry, Mtg. Lifter, Nyagous, Cherokee green, Big Boy, super Boy,Big Rainbow, Early Girl, Constoluto Genovese, Everglade, Dr. Carolyn, Golden Jubilee, and probably some others that I can't remember right now lol.

Brandywine, Beefmaster, Mortgage Lifter, Sweet 100, Amish paste, some other sort of paste that I don't remember, Black Krim, Mr. Stripey, and another orange one whose name escapes me at the moment.

I love my tomatoes.

Flame, Morado, Copia, Dr Wyches Yellow, Plum lemon, Royal Chico, Pantano Romanesco. The Flame tomatoes are delicious with sweet chocolate peppers, red wine vinegar, olive oil and herbs.

Any heritage types that I can get my hands on. I save a HUGE area in my garden for my tomatoes. I am chomping at the bit to get my garden planted this year, I miss the taste of real, fresh veggies!

Chocolate cherry
Yellow Boy
Yellow Plum
Early Girl
Juliet
Red Currant

Last year I tried Black Krim and Cherokee Purple - Bothe good producers, but I prefer the smaller tomatoes, they taste less tomatoey and tend to be sweeter to me.

I found a flat of my all time favorite at an Amish sale last weekend in Kentucky. They are German Johnsons. They are a pink,potato leafed,indeterminate. They get very nice and big and seldom crack. A little late but keep produceing all summer till frost. They will grow as tall as you can stake them!. Hard to find the plants and I was really excited to find a flat of 18 nice three inch pot size plants.

P.S. I had to cover them with straw tonight because it might frost!

Back
Top Bottom