what should i do with these eggs

sydney5646

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2021
guys i need help…i’ve had two hens sitting on a nest for weeks for one chick to hatch overnight tuesday and then after being in the box i came home friday and they weren’t in the box but on the floor with the one baby and the eggs felt cold but i put them back into the box and they stayed in for the rest of the night and apparently stayed in when everyone went outside this morning and today again were off the nest when i got home today…i figured the rest of the eggs were done for so i was going to move them but now i’ve picked up two and they’re peeping at me…i don’t know if i should just put the hens back in and cover the box so they can’t leave until we pull them out or maybe start the eggs now? (idk if they’ve been in there too long) or i also have the option of a reptile heat lamp inside but i don’t know if that’s better or worse if anyone knows what is my best move please give advice

guys i need help…i’ve had two hens sitting on a nest for weeks for one chick to hatch overnight tuesday and then after being in the box i came home friday and they weren’t in the box but on the floor with the one baby and the eggs felt cold but i put them back into the box and they stayed in for the rest of the night and apparently stayed in when everyone went outside this morning and today again were off the nest when i got home today…i figured the rest of the eggs were done for so i was going to move them but now i’ve picked up two and they’re peeping at me…i don’t know if i should just put the hens back in and cover the box so they can’t leave until we pull them out or maybe start the eggs now? (idk if they’ve been in there too long) or i also have the option of a reptile heat lamp inside but i don’t know if that’s better or worse if anyone knows what is my best move please give advice
Pull the one chick and brood it inside until the rest hatch. Hens could have been adding eggs up until just recently, you'll want to candle and check them but wait until after you pull the chick and the hens are back to setting well. As new chicks hatch pull them right away until the eggs are all done. You won't be able to put the chicks hatching now back with her but they can keep any that hatch at the end.

Back
Top Bottom