What the heck is going on with my flock!?!?!?!??!

Susuba

Chirping
Aug 28, 2024
OK! So about 2 weeks ago, i noticed everyone just kind lf hanging out under the coop. Kind of unusual, but i thought maybe it was from the change in the weather/getting darker earlier. A few days ago, i noticed 2 of our girls and 2 of the girls i had just picked up were breathing wierd and just looked awful (the newbies hadnt been in the coop yet). Brought them in, startes nebs/vet rx, supportive care.
Tonight i went to lock up and one of my girls was just sitting there, eyes closed. I looked at her, scooped her up and brought her in the house. Her right eye is swollen shut and she looks like the bridge of her beak is rotting. Not coughing but the side with the swollen eye's nostril was clogged (clear a big chunk of yellow crunchies out). Ears look ok- a little red on the outside.
One of the girls i brough in first is having the same problem.
Theres also something respiratory going on i think. Lots of coughing and just strange noises.
I also found emerald green poop.
And a few chickens with canker.
Im lost!
I started duramycin 72/200 drops in the eyes for those 2. Im limited on what meds i have since the stupid law change last year.
Tomorrow im starting corrid, everyones getting treated for lice and ivermectin. I tried to do corrid in their water but they're not really drinking so it's gonna be a long day.
Is it easier to get ivermectin paste or liquid in them?
At this point, i feel like isolating is useless as theyve all been exposed. I dont have a lot of room inside. I will try my best to get them through it, but i think ill reserve inside for the real sick babies.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Words of encouragement?

Attachments

• 20241008_232804.jpg
    20241008_232804.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20241008_232808.jpg
    20241008_232808.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20241009_213611.jpg
    20241009_213611.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20241009_224902.jpg
    20241009_224902.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 0
  • 20241009_224914.jpg
    20241009_224914.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 0
Sounds bad ☹️ I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope someone with more experience comes and gives you advice. Could it be Marek's disease? Poor chickies. Just keep doing what you're doing and look up their symptoms as specifically as you can, see what you can find. You can also search different ailments on this site and find previous threads about them.

I wish you the best of luck! 🤞

Sounds bad ☹️ I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hope someone with more experience comes and gives you advice. Could it be Marek's disease? Poor chickies. Just keep doing what you're doing and look up their symptoms as specifically as you can, see what you can find. You can also search different ailments on this site and find previous threads about them.

I wish you the best of luck! 🤞
Thank you. Im really worried about mareks but the green poop came from a different chicken who is acting normal except for the coughing. The chicken i brought in tonight is acting like she might have it though but she hasnt pooped. Also, got a total of 6beggs in the last 3 days when we were getting almost 2 dozen 😞 my poor babies!

Back
Top Bottom