What treats and "toys" do you give your birds?

peacebird

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
Virginia
My rooster seemed to really enjoy the shredded carrot I added to his breakfast! But according to the Amherst Mill his ladies won't arrive now til May... So in the interest of him not getting too bored and lonely I was wondering about toys?

you can hang heads of lettuce from the ceiling and let him eat them. Or you can put a mirror or a stuffed animal chicken in with him so that he can "talk" to them. I don't have many ideas but I hope this helps.
roll.png

Quote:
They will love them for sure as well as mealworms. You can try a pet store, many have crickets cause alot of people have lizards and tarantuals as pets(they even come in different sizes, crickets that is). A bait store would probably be cheaper. Maybe you could get some kids to catch some wild crickets for ya lol!

Don't laugh but my hens and Roo goes crazy over bologna. They don't get it often but when they do they will jump up on our laps for it to beat the others from getting it first. We cut it up in thin little strips so they look like worms. Try it.
tongue.png

My birds love diced carrots lettuse cellary sweet feed mealworms

also if you want a craft for eaven young kids go to walmart or a craft store buy colorful and shiny beads and a medium size bell and make a bird toy they will love to peck at it and hear it ring. my birds have one.

As well i havent tryed this yet im in the process of making it but a slim board about 4inches long and 3inches wide have haning with peanut butter and their favorit veggies on it kind of like a childs craft of the pine cone with bird seed for a chicken

Back
Top Bottom