What variant of Turkey is this?

Pearlescent

Chirping
Apr 17, 2024
I have recently gotten this gorgeous boy, he isn’t as friendly as my hens but he’s not crazy either.
I believe that him and my Auburn hen have successfully bred (as I watched it happen) and I realized it’d be good to know what he is. I couldn’t find anything like him online. His feathers appear to be orange-brown with white streaks/mottles. His father is a bourbon red, or atleast looks like one, and mother is unknown. But the folks I got him from said she’s probably a Narragansett or royal palm. All his brothers were some variant of bronzes (bronzes, red bronzes, mottled bronzes)

Edit: my best guess would be Barred Diluted Jersey buff, cause he looks a lot like a Barred Jersey Buff, but lighter.

Attachments

• IMG_9216.jpeg
    IMG_9216.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9178.jpeg
    IMG_9178.jpeg
    811.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I have recently gotten this gorgeous boy, he isn’t as friendly as my hens but he’s not crazy either.
I believe that him and my Auburn hen have successfully bred (as I watched it happen) and I realized it’d be good to know what he is. I couldn’t find anything like him online. His feathers appear to be orange-brown with white streaks/mottles. His father is a bourbon red, or atleast looks like one, and mother is unknown. But the folks I got him from said she’s probably a Narragansett or royal palm. All his brothers were some variant of bronzes (bronzes, red bronzes, mottled bronzes)
@austria89

Oh cool! I wonder if it’s a Bourbon Buff? I think they can come from breedings of Royal Palms and Narragansetts

Oh cool! I wonder if it’s a Bourbon Buff? I think they can come from breedings of Royal Palms and Narragansetts
Maybe, I think he’s a little too golden. But if the breeding was successful the poults colors should be a hint.

Edit: my best guess would be Barred Diluted Jersey buff, cause he looks a lot like a Barred Jersey Buff, but lighter.
Unfortunately the pictures aren't good enough to tell the exact phenotype, but for sure a Jersey Buff phenotype and very likely a split base color.
If you have pictures of his tail feathers, this would help a lot.

Unfortunately the pictures aren't good enough to tell the exact phenotype, but for sure a Jersey Buff phenotype and very likely a split base color.
He’s not friendly enough to get closer, but I am pretty sure these are from his tail

Attachments

• IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 19
Managed to get closer, here’s some closeups of him

Attachments

• IMG_9266.jpeg
    IMG_9266.jpeg
    831.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9253.jpeg
    IMG_9253.jpeg
    809.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9252.jpeg
    IMG_9252.jpeg
    672.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9284.jpeg