Whatcha Making for Supper?

So that's a lump of ground beef? I have one of these Weber baskets that I've used in the past to smoke beef for making chili.

I think I like your method better... the drippings go into the chili pot.

View attachment 3952278

It’s a pound of ground beef mixed with a pound of pork sausage. Attached is a picture of all of the veggies that went into the pot. I saw this method on Reddit and had to give it a go. It tastes really good lots of smoke flavor. Personally I want to add more hot peppers it’s probably as hot as I can get away with to keep the whole family happy. I have some candied jalapeño peppers in the fridge I can add to my bowl for extra heat.
IMG_5395.jpeg

It’s a pound of ground beef mixed with a pound of pork sausage. Attached is a picture of all of the veggies that went into the pot. I saw this method on Reddit and had to give it a go. It tastes really good lots of smoke flavor. Personally I want to add more hot peppers it’s probably as hot as I can get away with to keep the whole family happy. I have some candied jalapeño peppers in the fridge I can add to my bowl for extra heat.
View attachment 3952282
Looks like it would be good. I never saw macaroni in chili before. And is the Busch for the chili or you?

View attachment 3952282
Candied jalapenos? Did you make them? What does it mean that they are candied? Fascinating.

Candied jalapenos? Did you make them? What does it mean that they are candied? Fascinating.
Yes I made them it’s similar to pickling but lots more sugar. It’s commonly called cowboy candy. I use the recipe from the ball canning book but there are tons of variations out there if you look for cowboy candy or candied jalapeño. They go great on hamburgers, eggs, tacos, or mixed into cream cheese and served on crackers

Back
Top Bottom