102F
6%
sunny

102F...

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

Have you ever been there ?
I looked it up and it said it takes 3 hours 30 minutes to walk around it
And no “loo” at the rock
No, I haven't been there. There is always one controversy or another surrounding the rock. Visitors always had the option to climb the rock until they banned it in 2019. Having no toilets there is, to me, not a sign of being welcomed to the site. Trips to the outback requre drinking a lot of water to prevent dehydration .. I guess it gets pretty messy around the rock; people have to relieve themselves at some point. Many retirees take bus tours there. My aunty said she was thankful for the bus's on-board loo.

Thursday 24th of October 9.51a.m. Grey overcast. cool and breezy. Gentle 18.5 / 24.1kph SE, Hg 52%, 18.2C / 65.1F top of 20C / 68F. Showers. Marine wind warning.

Moon is 53.6%

Outrage as visitors crowd Uluru in final weeks before long-awaited climb ban​

A photo showing the path up Uluru clogged with climbers - just weeks before a ban to climb it comes into force - has outraged many Australians.​

Although against the wishes of the traditional owners, tourists flock to Uluru (Ayres Rock) to climb to the top of the rock, Yulara, Oct. 28, 2006. (AAP Image/Terry Trewin) NO ARCHIVING

Numbers visiting the rock have swelled as time runs out before the climbing ban is introduced on 26 October. Source: AAP

A surge in tourists to Uluru wanting to climb the rock before it's no longer allowed has prompted outrage among Australians who believe the traditional owners' wishes should be respected.

Parks Australia has not recorded the exact number of visitors during the school holidays, but Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park manager, Mike Misso, said it's the busiest they've been in more than a decade.

"We know it's certainly in the hundreds and probably nearer 1000 [a day]."

---------

This outcome had been in the works for a long time. Everything from erosion to littering was blamed on the tourist$. With the climbing ban now on, they can further deter tourists with the wet track idea, and still no public toilets. I have no plans to see it. I grew up with many of our native peoples and even they don't seem to understand the logic behind it all.

Back
Top Bottom