Wheezing and sneezing

Webbykins

Chirping
May 3, 2023
I have a chicken who I just noticed wheezing tonight. There's been some sneezing as well. She's eating. Drinking. No eye discharge or nose discharge I've seen. What should I do at this point?

I have a chicken who I just noticed wheezing tonight. There's been some sneezing as well. She's eating. Drinking. No eye discharge or nose discharge I've seen. What should I do at this point?
See if you can get her some powdered lincomycin-spectinomycin. Tylosin could work as well. A spoonful per gallon of drinking water, ideally for the whole flock since respiratory spreads. Otherwise, apple cider vinegar and probiotics can help strengthen the immune system.

Also make sure there's no draft where they sleep.

Is she acting weird other than the sneezes. If not, similar thing happened to me and it was nothing. The same two chicks are alive and happy.

See if you can get her some powdered lincomycin-spectinomycin. Tylosin could work as well. A spoonful per gallon of drinking water, ideally for the whole flock since respiratory spreads. Otherwise, apple cider vinegar and probiotics can help strengthen the immune system.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom