When to isolate?

Safeguard liquid goat dewormer dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once daily for 5 days in a row. So rounding up to 1ml would be fine.

Yes, I would give her extra Calcium if she's not laid an egg. PND is fine to give as well (PND direct dose is 1cc per 3pounds of weight given orally once daily).

Her crop is doughy, re-check it first thing, if it's not emptied, then I'd begin addressing that symptom. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I appreciate the advice. 🙏. I will check her crop again tomorrow morning. There is no sauerkraut or any “unusual” or unpleasant smells from her mouth so I’m pretty sure it’s not sour crop. Quite possibly it is impacted. I appreciate the link as I was unsure how to tell the difference. She has been eating mash and drinking and her comb has brightened up a little bit ( not as pale ) since I’ve started the deworming treatment. She still has diarrhea and greenish poop. I’ll take pictures if that is the same tomorrow. I will add the calcium citrate tomorrow. If it’s not her crop and she still has green pop and it potentially becomes necessary to use antibiotics should I wait until the dewormer treatment is finished ( Saturday) before I begin anti Bs?

Safeguard liquid goat dewormer dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once daily for 5 days in a row. So rounding up to 1ml would be fine.

Yes, I would give her extra Calcium if she's not laid an egg. PND is fine to give as well (PND direct dose is 1cc per 3pounds of weight given orally once daily).

Her crop is doughy, re-check it first thing, if it's not emptied, then I'd begin addressing that symptom. https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Ok not sure if my reply posted so I’ll try again. Sorry if it did and this is repetitive. I appreciate the advice. I will check her crop again in the morning. There is no sauerkraut, unusual, or unpleasant smells so I’m pretty sure it is not sour crop. Thank you for the link. That is a major helpful resource. 🙏 I will start giving her calcium citrate tomorrow. Her poop is still green and she does have diarrhea that is sticking to her vent feathers. Her comb has brightened a little bit since I’ve started the dewormer. It is not as pale as it was on Tuesday. If it turns out she will need antibiotics do I wait until I’m done with the deworming course on Saturday or should I start that right away. Everything I’ve looked up that has to do with green poop either plots to starvation, lead poisoning, intestinal bacteria. I have no vet here so I’m basically just trying process of elimination. I really appreciate the help and feedback! Thank you so much for everything already!

Back
Top Bottom