Where are all the Happy California Girls??

I live on the Peninsula - halfway between San Francisco and San Jose!! Not sure that I qualify as a "girl" anymore!!!
tongue.png

I am totally HAPPY however!!!
big_smile.png

Cindy

Hi there-
Anyone here in the Los Angeles area? I am in Altadena, just outside of LA.
But I grew up in Berkeley and jealously sigh at the thought of a little fantasy farm in northern california. One day!!!

I am getting my first flock next week, and am terrified that I will get roosters. Looking for someone who might want roosters in so cal, just in case !!!!

Terry

Quote:
Not a lot of chicken people in LA. Too worried about messing up manicures, perhaps.
You're not looking for roosters are you, in case I end up with one?

That's a pretty long commute to Fullerton isn't it?

Not a lot of chicken people in LA. Too worried about messing up manicures, perhaps.
You're not looking for roosters are you, in case I end up with one?

That's a pretty long commute to Fullerton isn't it?

I tried LA for 9 months, but I'm a country girl at heart...though I guess I live more of the rural desert rat life.
lol.png
As for my commute...1.5 hrs (one-way) in normal traffic, up to 2.5 hrs in rush hour and the rain we had a couple weeks ago...3 hrs and 45 minutes!!!
barnie.gif
But, it's only for another year and it's worth it in the long run.

As for roos...we just ordered 51 chicks in a straight run. We'll be having plenty of roo dinners here. Have you thought about cooking the roo if you get one? I am an animal lover and would rather keep them all alive, but my neighbors wouldn't appreciate it. Anyway...fresh, home-raised meat sounds much healthier (and tastier) than the store meat!​

I'm a Happy California Girl too! We live in the Sierra Nevada Foothills below Yosemite.

wee.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom