Which chicken breed makes a good indoor bedroom pet?

Pics
Honestly we should probably just leave this thread. The OP has not been here in a few weeks now and they really did not give us very much information so there is no point in staying here and arguing about things we dont know.
Can’t blame them for leaving with all the rude responses. But I understand what you are saying.

I say this with the utmost gentleness intended but please consider reconsidering. A chicken is naturally, instinctually an outdoor bird, one that needs other chickens to hunt and peck and scratch with, all things your potential chicken couldn’t do living inside as a lone chicken. Your chicken friend would become depressed and would probably have trouble laying eggs since they need a certain amount of sunlight each day in order to lay. (Now an older gal who is sick or being rehab’d or who won’t be laying anymore might be another story). Chickens can be quite loud sometimes, so that’s something yo think about. Anyway, as our pets, we love them more than ever and want them to be able to live their best life. Living inside might not be it. I agree with some others here that maybe a cat or senior dog who is potty trained or has a litter box/ fake grass might be a better bet.
I wish you all the best, and wish you luck in picking the perfect pet.

For me, personally, it’s about how rude people can be on here. I’m a firm believer people should be called on their behavior when they are clearly wrong. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Yes, they should have left the thread but they didn’t. Saying “only a completed moran” wasn’t right and I called them out on it and now they magically went away. Sooo yayyy???
I agree! It's ridiculous!

For the reasons you are wanting a chicken, they are not the right animal for you. Chickens are farm animals, livestock. They are meant to live outside with a flock all day. All chickens will poop everywhere, all the time, and likely won’t sit on your lap for very long. Yes, chickens can be cuddly, but most wouldn’t be content sitting still all day. Chickens should never be kept in rabbit cages, especially if you mean this kind: View attachment 3464097
If you really want a chicken, get a few hens and coop outside.
I wouldn't even put a rabbit in that cage. too small - too cruel.

Back
Top Bottom