Which of your quail is your favourite? (stories!)

Kale the Quail

Free Ranging
Aug 10, 2019
British Columbia
hi i'm bored so :idunno also someone correct me if this is supposed to go in the game jokes and fun thread.

So my favourite quail is probably Hazel because she is so sweet and she mostly loves people she's a silver tuxedo :)

Story:pop:
once another quail was sunbathing and hazel came over and was like "what are you doing" and the other quail, amy, was like "just sun bathing don't mind me" then hazels like "ok" then plops down on top of amy and starts sunbathing :lau this actually happend! well not the talking part but yeah :D

hi i'm bored so :idunno also someone correct me if this is supposed to go in the game jokes and fun thread.

So my favourite quail is probably Hazel because she is so sweet and she mostly loves people she's a silver tuxedo :)

Story:pop:
once another quail was sunbathing and hazel came over and was like "what are you doing" and the other quail, amy, was like "just sun bathing don't mind me" then hazels like "ok" then plops down on top of amy and starts sunbathing :lau this actually happend! well not the talking part but yeah :D
Your quail sound delightful!
I don't have any quail to share about. Maybe one day!

I Have 30 quails (4 different species) and I love and name them all.

I do however, have one who has a very special spot in my heart.
Her name is Pinga. She's a king quail.

I parent raise my quails so she was hatched by her parents with two other chicks. She was the last to hatch and was thrown out of the nest and left to go cold as she couldn't walk yet. Luckily before we went out, we checked on them and found her almost dead so took her out to warm her up. We hand raised her in a brooder and constantly spent time with her as she was alone. She would cry out every night for me so I had to sleep next to her brooder for the first few days.

Sadly, two and a half weeks later, the other two chicks were rejected and one died. We put the surviving chick with Pinga and the two became inseparable.

She is now grown up but still loves cuddles and makes sweet cheeping noises when you hold her. She is such a fighter and is well loved.

Odd for this to be my favorite quail, but I have a normal pearl button male that paces his cage waiting to peck me. I have never seen or heard of an aggressive button before him. When I put my hand in to feed and water, it's all out war on his part. It is totally hilarious that my tiny bird thinks he is big and bad. His name is d***weed lol He stays in a bachelor pen because I don't want him to pass on his aggressive tendencies, but he amuses me to no end.

Odd for this to be my favorite quail, but I have a normal pearl button male that paces his cage waiting to peck me. I have never seen or heard of an aggressive button before him. When I put my hand in to feed and water, it's all out war on his part. It is totally hilarious that my tiny bird thinks he is big and bad. His name is d***weed lol He stays in a bachelor pen because I don't want him to pass on his aggressive tendencies, but he amuses me to no end.

i have one like that, not a button, he's a coturnix tuxedo :) his name is hawk and he bites every person. every chance he gets once i dropped my glove so i was trying to get him to back up so i could get it so he did back up but he backed up and pooped... guess where? on the glove. *smacks forehead* :gig

Story of Phoenix (Male Golden Giant):

I hand feed all my quail mealworms. As they eventually they will live in a 20ft x 8ft pen with colour tags to distinguish for the times I catch them to breed from - I find it easier for them to come to me and not be hand shy. Chasing them around a big pen is not fun! hahaha...

Originally called Rocko, but renamed Phoenix as he would rise up from nowhere to jump on my hand. He would not wait like the others to actually see if I had worms - nor did he wait before pecking vigorously :D :D

Greedy little devil....and fearless...

My favorite is Turtle, the one in my profile pic. She's from the first group of quails I owned. She had 5 other siblings but they all died, I got another batch of 6, and 3 died.
I guess I'm either a bad quail owner, or I just need more quails like Turtle. :p

I also liked a tuxedo Coturnix who literally would just stand there and let me pick him up without struggling, and when I first introduced him to the outside world, he started dustbathing in the dirt for a good 15 minutes... it was sad he died from my own carelessness.

i have one like that, not a button, he's a coturnix tuxedo :) his name is hawk and he bites every person. every chance he gets once i dropped my glove so i was trying to get him to back up so i could get it so he did back up but he backed up and pooped... guess where? on the glove. *smacks forehead* :gig
I have a male golden coturnix called Bumblebee who also likes to peck at me. So I can't even refill his food without my hand getting mauled. :hmm :lol:

Good thing there's something called gloves.

Back
Top Bottom