Who else is setting... I wanna see pics!

I am excited to announce that I am up to 3 silkie chicks...and some more are pipping!! YAY!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
Congrats to all with chicks or pips! I will post pics when I can.

ok now that I've read about the cheeping in the eggs, I thought I heard one but it was just a darn cricket right outside the window next to the bator. I have the tv on loud enough to where it really sounded like cheeping. SOoo now not only am I spending too much time watching the eggs, but now I'm hallucinating...I reckon it's chicken fever or something
gig.gif

Would you like to hear of my addiction story...LOL Well, I have eggs in the hovabator that are hatching...We also made a cabinet incubator. I have 4 egg turners in there at the moment...and ALL are FULL!!! LOL All the eggs are chicken eggs...I'm waiting for turkey eggs to be ready, and maybe some more duck...LOL

Oh, btw, So far as I can tell, the silkies are all black!

Quote:
Oh how I understand this!! I borrowed a HovaBator w/turner, made my own missprissy incubator and have the Brinsea Oct 20 and I live on 1/10 acre!!! What am I doing with a potential 40 chicks??!!!! How does it happen... I'm telling u the chicken people are enablers!!
lau.gif

I am so jealous!
I wanted black silkies. I ordered some & they hatched partridge! (?)
I have a black sizzle, but she's a bit strange. DH named her "Liz" (Elizabeth Taylor) and she seems to have some silver lacing on her neck area... like a backwards delaware or brahama!
My "good" silkies are white.
I also have a gorgeous blue... but just one & no black to breed her with!

I don't think the symptoms will go away until the fuzz butts make it out of the eggs lol Hopefully they don't persist too long after the hatch
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom