Whos hatching on the 11th? 16th and 19th and 23rd????

I have black copper marans and welsummers that are due on the 23rd. Im using a broody hen, she is the best mama! I dont think I will be able to candle them though. They are super dark and I dont even think my Mag light will go through them. We'll see this coming Tue.

i am too hatch the 21st and 24th cant wait
fl.gif

I have eggs under 12 broodies that are all due to hatch between the 19th-21st!

I think they each have 5-8 eggs....barnyard mixes, Silkies, blue Ameraucanas, Pheasant eggs and 50 bobwhite quail, 10 pheasant and 3 turkey eggs in the bator...some shipped, some local. It should be interesting to see which hen wins by getting 100% hatch
smile.png

There are also 12 duck eggs under a broody Muscovy (some hers, some Swedish that I snuck in there) they should hatch around the 20th also.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm too new to this to candle the eggs or mess with them very much under the broody. All of the eggs are due to hatch the 13th...so can I join?
I have 18 mutt eggs that have been turned and cared for by the broody to the point she's getting thin, so I boot her off the nest once a day. It's twice nowdaily getting so close to hatch date, I want a healthy Momma!
fl.gif

I thought I was bad!! I have:

2 pheasant eggs due the 11th (freebies)
7 guineas due the 15th
4 bobwhites due the 17th (more freebies)
2 goose due the 19th
and 6 more guineas due the 30th.....There seems to be a good-sized gap in my hatching, guess I should set some buttons to take up the empty space
big_smile.png

I have 9 mixed chicken eggs under a broody, Dove, hatching on the 9th.

And I have 27 guinea eggs in my incubator hatching on the 11th. (Though 2 have pipped today!)

I have 4 guinea eggs hatching under a purebred R.I.R on the 14th I think.

After that I'll have around 10 (They haven't gone through their 10 day candling yet.) araucana eggs under a broody black hen which should be hatching on the 22nd.

Yay for being addicted to hatching
smile.png

Good luck on your hatches every one
smile.png

Got 4 Barred rocks, 4 Australorps, 1 Delaware, 2 Rhode Island reds, 1 red sex link.
Got them at a Farm close by. Second time hatching experience. I am so much more relax this time!! Got still air Bator. Due on the 15.
Candling tonight.....

I have 12 silkies due to be moved to the hatcher on the 16, then hatch on the 19. My husband had gambles quail in the bator also, but he doesn't remember when he put them in:gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom