Whos hatching on the 11th? 16th and 19th and 23rd????

Quote:
May I ask how you got 9 chicken eggs under a dove? I never thought about using my doves as a brooder. I wouldn't have thought a dove could sit on more than maybe 3 or 4 chicken eggs. Their bottom isn't big enough.... or so I thought
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
May I ask how you got 9 chicken eggs under a dove? I never thought about using my doves as a brooder. I wouldn't have thought a dove could sit on more than maybe 3 or 4 chicken eggs. Their bottom isn't big enough.... or so I thought
idunno.gif

I wonder if the chicken's name is Dove - hence the capital letter
idunno.gif

Well this will be my 2nd hatch ever. I had 10 out of 18 chicks hatch in my last attempt. I am going bigger this time with 35 mixed eggs. They should be hatching around the 20th of June. I never thought hatching chicks would be so addictive. Good luck to everyone and hope you get as much joy from you babies as I do mine.

I've got a staggered hatch starting. I've got 8 Cuckoo Marans, 4 EE, 7 EE/Frizzle, 2 unknown banty, and 3 Brahma x due on the 13th, 5 guinea eggs, 1 duck egg, and 6 silkies due for the 20th, but it looks like 3 of the silkies aren't developing anymore.

I also have a broody on 11 Cuckoo Maran eggs due to hatch on the 13th. I have left her with nature to set on this clutch. I have not candled or intervened with the clutch in any way.

I'm hatching silkie/cochin/who knows what else mix today. One has already hatched and looks like his cochin daddy. Haven't checked the other four eggs yet.....it's so exciting.

The other silkie/cochin is "due" on the 17th. She's hatching someone else's eggs...not sure who laid those in her nest!

I don't own an incubator yet!

Back
Top Bottom