Will fly bait kill chickens?

I assume "accessible to children or animals" means direct contact with the bait.

It also says "Approved for use as an outdoor scatterbait, as well as indoors for use in caged layer houses."

I just bought something new to try for flies and hung it up today so I'm not sure how well it works. It is a hanging fly trap with bait inside. All you do is add water and hang it up. The company I got it from is Ag Organics on Amazon and they sell a lot of great organic stuff. I also bought Orange Guard from them to spray in and around the coop.

I buy the fly traps that are clear with the sticky sides it hangs up and the flies go to it like crazy. I bought mine at the feed store I get the horses hay from. Lady said it sells the best and you don't have to worry with adding water or anything. Ready to use right out of box. I have had it a year and love it. I also have sand boxes under my roost so I clean it every morning like a giant cat box. No flies wish it was that easy for my horse pen.
big_smile.png

Oh yes!

Make no mistake, this is a very nasty poison. If you never wear rubber gloves when handling pesticides, this is the one to consider changing your mind.

In fact, it's really not a bad idea to strip down and wash your clothes immediately, and shower down.

It's that strong a poison.

What about suspending ziploc bags filled with water? Hang them from the coop's ceiling or tack the bag to a wall. There's a BBQ place not far from me that hangs these from the ceiling and they swear it works to keep flies away.
It doesn't kill flies, of course, but it is definitely safe and non-toxic and cheep!
Stephanie

Jill and Poison Ivy, Could you provide a product name or better yet, a link to the products your using?

countrygirl4513, I don't have a problem with flies inside the coop, I have them everywhere else. I'm a big fan of DE, however I can't administer DE everywhere and hope the flies land in it. Besides I have frequent rain and high winds during the spring/summer.

Back
Top Bottom