Will fly bait kill chickens?

I use Fly Predators. You can get them online through Fly Predators.com They are great we have used them for three months now and have literally no flies. It is a little flying bug theat you scater around and it kills all kinds of flies. We have goats and a horse and have no flies I sprinkle them near the coop and it takes care of flies near the coop. Also you do not have to order Orange Guard through the internet. Ace hardware sells it If your local hardware store doesn't carry it siimply go online to Orange Guard .com and it gives you a site to have your Ace hardware carry it. Why pay for shipping when you don't have to. Ii use it everywhere its great inside and out and I love the orange smell it leave. Micki

Fly Predators, you trade one fly for another, what is the point?

Wow, $131 to buy Fly Predators for a season.

You don't trade one fly for another the fly predators are so small you can barely see them. The cost is nothing compared with the flies. Last year you couldn't go outside around here without biting flies or horse flies around you Now there gone. I find a few on the horse but thats all. With goats, chickens, geese and a horse I need all the help I can get year round here as it doesn't get that cold here. Micki

Well I have noticed a big difference since I've been using D.E. The fly population has decreased significantly along with the odor. Can't ask for more than that. But I'm opened minded... I'll have to check out these fly predators just for curiousity's sake.

I didn't understand about hanging up the ziplock bag full of water. What does that do? You said it didn't kill flies. What does it do? Do you hang it zipped closed, with water inside, or open partially? Please explain.

I just realized I read your message wrong.

I thought you were worried about the chickens getting into the poison itself, not worried about the birds eating the dead flies. The poison itself is extremely nasty, and the birds absolutely must be kept out of it. The quantity of poison in a dead fly on the other hand is minute. While there is danger in eating the dead flies, it is far and away less. I don't claim to have an answer for you regarding the exact quantities of dead flies that become a danger for the birds.

Back
Top Bottom