Witchcraft thread

Pics

cassandrapettersson

Emu obsessed
Sep 8, 2022
Sweden
Hii Witches!
This is a thread for all witches, no matter how old or young,
For those who are experienced, beginners or are interested in starting!

I, myself am a beginner and I'm very unexperienced. I started in June 2023.
I'm slowly being taught more and more by my neighbour, who has been a witch her entire life!

Anyways,
This is mostly just a place for witches to talk!
You could talk about witchcraft, or just chat with other witches!

This probably wont get any attention, but you can always hope :p

200w.gif

I have to share a story I heard a loooong time ago on the radio. (Might have been All Things Considered, on NPR.) They were talking with a witch, and asked something like, "What do people ask you when they find out you're a practicing witch?"

The answer was, "Can you make a love potion?" She went on to explain that yes, she could, and gave the recipe.

I remember only that you needed something belonging to the person you wanted to have fall in love with you, something that had been next to their body, and had been exposed to their energy. A handkerchief or sock would be good, and yes, wash them! You had to soak the item in the potion, and you had to get the person to consume this concoction. One way was to use it as a marinade.

Then she told this story. A woman asked her for a love potion to help a guy she loved fall in love with her. So she made the potion, and then marinated a steak in it. She was making him dinner at her place, and he was coming over, and bring his dog to visit her dog. He came, but said he felt horrible, like he was coming down with the flu. She cooked the steak anyway and gave him some to take home.

He called her a few days later, to get together at the park where they would walk the dogs. He admitted on the phone that he hadn't felt like eating the steak, but it didn't go to waste, because he fed it to his dog.

The dog became absolutely crazy about this woman.

The story had a happy ending. The man said that if his dog thought she was such a great person, she must be a great person. They ended up getting married.

I appreciate these comments about witchcraft and I also think they apply to things like theosophy and religious pluralism. I think there are commonalities across most spiritual pursuits. I believe the world would be a better place if we demonstrated more tolerance and flexibility in our thinking and judgements -- and if we respected ancestral knowledge and re-learned to listen and trust our intuition.
Yes, this exactly, IMO.

I have close friends who are Christian. Another who is atheist. We all get together and enjoy each other's company. When we have a meal, one of my Christian friends will ask a blessing. We are all silent, bow our heads, close our eyes. I am fine with the blessing he asks; I give thanks in my heart and mind for the time we have together, the friendship, the meal; I ask for health and safe travels for everyone.

Personnaly, I think the idea, the concept, of God or Gods or gods can fit into many different beliefs. What resonates with your heart and soul might not resonate with mine, and vice versa. We are all finding our way here. Your path might be the same as mine, might cross it, might run parallel, might not do any of those. You walk your path, I'll walk mine. We can still wave and say, "How are you today?"

I read the Bhagavad Gita in my 20s. (I need to reread it.) I took away two important ideas: There are many paths to enlightnement. It was likened to climbing a mountain. Some people can scale the side of the mountain, and it's the quickest way up to the peak. But others take a less arduous route, like a road that winds round and round. It may take longer, but in the end, both can end up in the same place.

The other idea I hold very dear: Whenever you are in someone's place of worship, show respect. It may not be your Way, but it is valid and deserves respect.

I did some thread cleanup of recent posts. This thread is not breaking any BYC rules and is allowed to stay.

For those that are not interested in this subject, please move on to another thread.

Thank you all for your understanding.

~BYC Staff
I literally can't thank you enough

Back
Top Bottom