Worming chickens with Zimecterin Gold

Have you ever considered using DE diatomaceous earth ? It is very effective and quite beneficial. It also has no side effects.

I have 19 chickens and am wanting to deworm them using Zimecterin Gold. I have no idea how much I can give them/mix in their water. The plunger/syringe of the wormer appears to be in increments of 50 with the plunger going up to 1250 lbs. Does anyone know how much (notches on the plunger/syringe) I can mix in their water and how many gallons of water? Thank you!

Please be aware this drug is NOT APPROVED for chickens in the US. There are no reported withdrawal times. Therefore you cannot sell eggs or meat to anyone. Ever. You can consume the eggs in your own household only. Same with meat.

Btw I hate how few drugs have withdrawal info available. But just because doses are posted doesn’t mean you can use it if you sell eggs or meat. That info is intended for pet flocks whose eggs don’t leave your house.

You could literally kill someone. That’s why. If you use penicillin and don’t wait the prescribed time for withdrawal, a person allergic to penicillin could die if they had an anaphylactic reaction to residual amounts in the egg or meat.

If that happened, it’s a crime also. Just be advised.

It’s okay to use a lot of drugs on roosters since they don’t lay, but you still can’t sell meat if it’s an unapproved drug with no official withdrawal time.

I’m a retired veterinarian, so I know of what I speak.

No-one has mentioned safeguard for goats in this feed. Is it not a preferred dewormer on here? I like it since I can just add it to water. That's what I use as a dewormer. It seems to be effective since their stool sample always come back negative. One and a half Tbl to a gallon of water - repeat in 7 days.

No-one has mentioned safeguard for goats in this feed. Is it not a preferred dewormer on here? I like it since I can just add it to water. That's what I use as a dewormer. It seems to be effective since their stool sample always come back negative. One and a half Tbl to a gallon of water - repeat in 7 days.
No one has mentioned it because the thread starter is treating tapeworms and the best drug to use for tapes is praziquantel.

Agian, I realize she mentioned what appeared to be "grains of rice" indicating tapes, but that may not be the only worm being dealt with. In addition, the bird in question is not in optimum health. I suggested the Valbazen, since it works over a period of days, to prevent gut overload. I figured it was probably a bit easier overall for the bird to tolerate, since it is in a declined state, and would provide enough relief to help get the chicken more stable before using Equimax as the follow up dose to the Valbazen.

We had tapeworms several years ago. I gave the chickens zimecterin gold paste. (put less than a pea size drop of paste on a small crust of bread and gave to each chicken) -tapeworms cleared out quickly, and the hens kept right on thriving. -gals are 8 years old, now. That stuff works really, really well.
kittydoc has a good point, though. It works GREAT, but isn't approved for poultry.

I used pea size of durvet dueamectin all hens clear now.

Attachments

• 20190604_094931~2.jpg
    20190604_094931~2.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 34
kittydoc, According to the manufacturers, several of the wormers we suggest, are not approved, only because of the cost factor involved in testing it for approval in chickens vs the return. As to them being safe when human consumption of eggs or meat are involved, some of them contain active ingredients that are approved for human use for parasite elimination.

kittydoc, According to the manufacturers, several of the wormers we suggest, are not approved, only because of the cost factor involved in testing it for approval in chickens vs the return. As to them being safe when human consumption of eggs or meat are involved, some of them contain active ingredients that are approved for human use for parasite elimination.
There is a reason praziquantel is not approved in the US for *any* food animals. I don't think tapeworms are enough of an issue to treat them with praziquantel, but this is apparently not a popular opinion. I agree with Kittydoc. Using prazi in chickens is a liability, and for what?

Back
Top Bottom