Worms in turkey eye?

Anne_

Chirping
Dec 16, 2021
My male turkey walks around with one eye closed and isn’t full of his usual energy. I’ve done some reading and have just come across eye worms? It’s been a couple of weeks now with him being like this. I’ve treated him with vitamins and electrolytes as well as saline solution for the eye the past couple of weeks and nothing seems to be helping.
23DA8788-E425-4E02-91DB-A74A4ABFE570.png

I’ve also changed his feed a week ago to 21% turkey feed because before he was eating layer feed like my hens but still no change.

I’d rule out other causes of conjunctivitis before worrying about eye worms (cool on tv but not very common in reality). Injury, corneal ulcers, respiratory infections, autoimmune diseases, bacterial infection, other systemic illness, cancer, toxins, circulatory issues…there can be many and varied causes for eye inflammation and superficially they all look the same.

I’d rule out other causes of conjunctivitis before worrying about eye worms (cool on tv but not very common in reality). Injury, corneal ulcers, respiratory infections, autoimmune diseases, bacterial infection, other systemic illness, cancer, toxins, circulatory issues…there can be many and varied causes for eye inflammation and superficially they all look the same.
Oh wow. That doesn’t seem easily done with that list lol. When he wants to he does open it only for a second and it doesn’t look goopy or sore. I’m at a loss

Back
Top Bottom