Would you want an Ameraucana or Turken?

I can tell you that a good friend of mine who only had Barred Rocks got a couple Turkens in her Brown Egglayer Assortment from McMurray. She admitted that she became very happy with them, in spite of their looks, and would get more. So, there is one testimonial. Folks seem to love their temperament and egglaying consistency.

Quote:
My only EE hen lays a light brown egg. . . And on top of that, it is so big she has troubles laying them, and only lays about once a week.
barnie.gif

Sorry.
hugs.gif

Quote:
My Turkens were the sweetest, most petlike chickens I have EVER had. . . Which is why losing them was such a horrible heartbreak.

TURKENS!!! My turken roo is the only roo I have that is totally laid back! He does not "take" the ladies he practically begs. He is very gentle and they are such a unique looking bird. I love mine. I have 4 EE I got from the feed store (Americanas) Every chick looked different...as they grew 3 of the four look Very similar. Dissapointing as I like variety as well as a sweet disposition. Good Luck on your choice.
thumbsup.gif

Really? I am s confused. I don't know wich one to get!

My advice is get what you really want. Easter Eggers are really great chickens. I have five EE's from Cackle that are now almost 5 weeks old. I have ordered them from Cackle in past years and every one that I ordered has laid a greenish/blue egg.
I also have had Turkens before and they also are great layers and come in various worderful colors. Some think they are ugly and will not have them, I on the other hand love them. It would be a hard decision to make which one to get (EE or Turken), I like both breeds very much.

Quote:
My advice is get what you really want. Easter Eggers are really great chickens. I have five EE's from Cackle that are now almost 5 weeks old. I have ordered them from Cackle in past years and every one that I ordered has laid a greenish/blue egg.
I also have had Turkens before and they also are great layers and come in various worderful colors. Some think they are ugly and will not have them, I on the other hand love them. It would be a hard decision to make which one to get (EE or Turken), I like both breeds very much.

Thankls alot! I think I am gonna go with Turkens. I love the way they look!

Back
Top Bottom