Wry neck from head injury

Ilovechickens2525

In the Brooder
May 15, 2024
Hi I have a cream legbar pullet that has a crooked neck I believe from an injury, I didn’t notice when we got her because she was very small and my son picked her out and was cuddling her. We isolated her at first and she was eating and drinking and doing ok. We put her back in a few weeks ago and no one picks on her, she’s doing fine. But I just feel so sad for her, her neck was almost upside down today and she can’t fly as well as others. No one else has issues so I don’t think a deficiency or disease. She was one of the smallest in a big group so I think she was trampled before we got her. Any advice?

Hi I have a cream legbar pullet that has a crooked neck I believe from an injury, I didn’t notice when we got her because she was very small and my son picked her out and was cuddling her. We isolated her at first and she was eating and drinking and doing ok. We put her back in a few weeks ago and no one picks on her, she’s doing fine. But I just feel so sad for her, her neck was almost upside down today and she can’t fly as well as others. No one else has issues so I don’t think a deficiency or disease. She was one of the smallest in a big group so I think she was trampled before we got her. Any advice?
Welcome To BYC

Do you have photos of her?

How old is she?

Wry Neck is a neurological symptom, some common causes are disease like Marek's, head injury/trauma and nutritional deficiency.

Standard treatment for Wry Neck is to give Vitamin Therapy.

Give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg to help with the uptake of E.
You can find the vitamins in stores like Walmart, CVS, etc.

Welcome To BYC

Do you have photos of her?

How old is she?

Wry Neck is a neurological symptom, some common causes are disease like Marek's, head injury/trauma and nutritional deficiency.

Standard treatment for Wry Neck is to give Vitamin Therapy.

Give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg to help with the uptake of E.
You can find the vitamins in stores like Walmart, CVS, etc.
She’s about 12 weeks old. Ok, I didn’t think based on it being an injury that it was the same treatment. How do I give her the vitamins? Crush them? Thank you so much.

Attachments

• 28E4B3DC-613C-418B-955F-70DD7ACB84D0.jpeg
    28E4B3DC-613C-418B-955F-70DD7ACB84D0.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 85333067-8B3E-4D79-B2D6-B734702701B3.jpeg
    85333067-8B3E-4D79-B2D6-B734702701B3.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom