Wry neck from injury, will this fix itself?

Do you have an update as the how she’s doing now? I have a pullet in the same boat.
She seemed to get better the first few days, but I think it was wishful thinking. She is now a lot bigger and manages well. I bought her some bantam chicks for company because chickens typically don’t do well alone. They are her best friends and they all stay together as they forage around the property. She stays in my backyard and knows her limits. My other chickens are used to her so they don’t bother her anymore. I feed them separately so she can get the food she needs. She gobbles her food and water right up. She is always so happy to see me when I go outside. Makes my heart happy. She is easier to care for now that she is older and we’ve all settled in knowing we have a special needs hen. Good luck with your little one 🌸

Welcome To BYC

I'm sorry about your chick.

Do you have photos of her?
A video of how she walks and holds her head may be helpful - upload video to YouTube and provide a link.

Wry Neck is a Neurological Symptom. Some common causes are Trauma to the head/neck, Disease like Marek's and Nutritional Deficiency.

It would be worth a try to start her on the vitamins to see if she improves.
Give her 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg or tuna to help with the uptake of E.
Hello I am having a similar problem with my duck. How do I give her a capsule?? And do you have any brands you recommend?? Please any help

I have been crushing it up for mine and mixing with water, feeding her with an eye dropper. She likes being fed with the dropper though. So far it’s not making much difference though, but it has only been a few days.

I mixed up cooked oatmeal with the vitamin E & B. I poked a hole in the E capsule and crushed the B. A third of each. I just put the mixture on a spoon and she ate it just fine. That worked for her but it might be different with your duck. I hope it works for you.

Back
Top Bottom