YO GEORGIANS! :)

I need your help this isn't chicken related but, these dogs have been rescued, Dachshund / Chihuahua mix (Chiweenie) AKA "Mexican Hotdog" or the "German Taco." mom is the Dachshund and dad the Chicuahua, all dogs are going to get wormed and shots started and updated tomorrow, mom is scheduled to be spayed on the 28th, if you or you know anyone who can give these lovely dogs a home please let me know, they are crate trained and are getting along with my dogs, my dogs are big boys. puppies maybe 4 months old, mom I will know more of an age when the vet checks her out. the boy has more of the chihuahua face and the girl leans towards the dachshund. mom front left, girl on right and boy in the back boy left mom middle girl right mom left girl front middle and boy back right. I don't have them in a crate I have them in a little room off the bathroom with a gate up and they don't mess, I take them out in the am and when I get home at night, if I'm home then I let them play unleashed in the yard, they do like to chase chickens and cats, but understand the crazy chicken lady when she screams "NO".
Oh sure...post EXACTLY what I was looking for 3 weeks ago. Maybe you can convince GAM we need another little house dog.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were thinking wrong; I wasn't even sure if I was correct in thinking it would BE a SL cross.. Thought maybe you were taking a chance on it being wrong. At least they were free... heh. Are you keeping the girls?

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how long I hold on to them. Hate to keep a brooder set up for two.
They are just so cute and fuzzy. And I love the colors.
They are the happiest little ones. Little chirps only. Unless of course food needs a refill. LOL

I'm not sure. I guess it depends on how long I hold on to them. Hate to keep a brooder set up for two.
They are just so cute and fuzzy. And I love the colors.
They are the happiest little ones. Little chirps only. Unless of course food needs a refill. LOL

Ive got some females that are 5 weeks old. Also have some new babies hatching tomorrow if you are interested. May have a guy who would buy your males (he eats them though) I sold this guy 40 hatching eggs and he only hatched one. I told DH that this guy didn't have a clue about hatching. When I talked to him, he said he STARTED his humidity at 65%!!! I told him a hundred times what to set his machine at but he followed the directions on the incubator box and filled up the water wells at the bottom! And with all the rain, well, just too much humidity. No wonder they didn't hatch! I'm surprised he got one to hatch!

I am looking at getting some 4 week old RIR chicks this weekend.

Do I need to have them under a heat lamp with the cold coming in?

I am thinking of waiting a couple more weeks to get them so they won't need the extra heat.

Thanks!

I am looking at getting some 4 week old RIR chicks this weekend.

Do I need to have them under a heat lamp with the cold coming in?

I am thinking of waiting a couple more weeks to get them so they won't need the extra heat.

Thanks!

Usually the temp starts at 95 the first week, and goes down 5 degrees a week.
I do have a heat lamp with my 6 week olds, but only in a corner of their area. They can choose to go under it or not.
When it is really cold, I still find them there, and expect with this weekend's cold, they will probably choose to be under it.

Got my first water bottle set up with a nipple for the little guys. Got a pack of 36 nipples arriving Monday from Ebay, so we can set up waterers in each section of the building.
Still not sure about freezing temps though.

the low sunday night is supposed to be 29 according to the weather channel app on my phone. They're pretty much usually WRONG on the HIGH side, which means it will more likely be low to mid 20's. Time to get the camper winterized and the water system drained in the coop. good thing it didn't freeze this afternoon, mine would have had their own ice rink

Hey this is getting the best time for camping, and a nice fire !

Oh sure...post EXACTLY what I was looking for 3 weeks ago. Maybe you can convince GAM we need another little house dog.
I didn't have them 3 weeks ago :) but they all have been wormed and shots started and are scheduled to be fixed, they will be ready for Christmas!!!

Momma weighs in at 16 pounds, little girl weighs 6 pounds, boy weighs 7 pounds,they are about 6 months old. Let me know if you want one or all as I have gotten some nibbles.

Usually the temp starts at 95 the first week, and goes down 5 degrees a week.
I do have a heat lamp with my 6 week olds, but only in a corner of their area. They can choose to go under it or not.
When it is really cold, I still find them there, and expect with this weekend's cold, they will probably choose to be under it.

Got my first water bottle set up with a nipple for the little guys. Got a pack of 36 nipples arriving Monday from Ebay, so we can set up waterers in each section of the building.
Still not sure about freezing temps though.

The latest weather prediction for parts of North Georgia calling for possible snow flurries this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom