YO GEORGIANS! :)

Feed all starter until the youngest are 10 wks?
Feed finisher to all when brahmas are 10 wks (SLWs 8 wks)?
Feed half starter and half finisher when brahmas are 10 wks (SLWs 8 wks)?

Any advice on this is appreciated. I don't want to mess up anyone's growth.

For laying hens? I read feed starter until they start laying.

I know with dogs slow growth is always better, and I always switch pups to adult food at 3-4 months. But adult dog food has LESS protein and such than pup food, whereas laying food has a lot MORE than starter.

My 10 week old chicks and also the adult bantams are all on starter feed and will stay on it for a while (has meds too which is good as the adult bantams are being exposed to a new environment).

Having said that I have never heard of "finishing feed". Is that for meat birds? The word "finishing" suggests end/meat and not feed for adolescent layers.

Last edited:
That really sucks then! I was looking forward to you having some!

You and me both! I'll have to start that search over again. Building a new incubator first though. Not putting anything else in my current chicken killer.

We won't be selling Isbars ... as for Marans, I've got a few folks ahead of you but I should still have some available.

That really stinks on the Silkies.
. Yeah, the silkie thing totally has me ticked off. Wonderful on the Marans and I can wait...I'm not in any huge hurry. I just finished my breeding house and got my pairs and trios moved over. That leaves me a ton of room in the hen house so I'll be on a slow search for colored egg laying chickens. :) If you don't mind me asking, what color eggs are your Isbars hatching from? I've read they lay a mint green egg.

Where did you get your CPG's?  Did they come from wwmicasa from the BST board?

One of them is. We copied y'all and got some from worth it and I still have 2 wwmicasa eggs in the bator.

Ok. My male from worth ir is doing very well. We lost all of our micasa eggs...including that one that died a couple of days after hatching. And her girls are done for the year. So now I am trying to find other sources for some more cpg.

GFG87, I use the starter/grower from hatch until I swap over to grower/finisher, then onto layer.

Just a thought. But I agree, I don't think it's going to be world changing either way. :)

Happy Easter everyone!!

Ok. My male from worth ir is doing very well. We lost all of our micasa eggs...including that one that died a couple of days after hatching. And her girls are done for the year. So now I am trying to find other sources for some more cpg.

Go to http://www.albc.com
There is a list of breeders. Some have websites, some only have email.

I found 2 ads for cpg. One is flipflop ranch in California and the other one is in Texas. Is there something I am overlooking? I don't see a list for breeders, just ads.

I found 2 ads for cpg. One is flipflop ranch in California and the other one is in Texas. Is there something I am overlooking? I don't see a list for breeders, just ads.

What is/are cpg and why are you looking for ads?

Does that refer to the geese you keep talking about?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom