YO GEORGIANS! :)

Quote:
GAM also told me to shut up. Forcept she told me in for real lives.

And our donkeys broke into the chicken pen today. Right through the bottom section of the door. They had to have nearly crawled to get through a space that small. Luckily donkeys don't eat chickens so everything worked out.... forcept the damage I have to repair the dumb asses caused.

GAM also told me to shut up.  Forcept she told me in for real lives.

And our donkeys broke into the chicken pen today.  Right through the bottom section of the door.  They had to have nearly crawled to get through a space that small.  Luckily donkeys don't eat chickens so everything worked out.... forcept the damage I have to repair the dumb asses caused.
LOL!! Oh, boys...

So here's my Silver (?) Laced Cochin baby.. What do y'all think?

Thanks!! I will say, it's a beautiful baby! It's from an egg shipment that was supposed to be silver laced (which was the reason for the question mark.. Doesn't that look gold to everyone?), though.. And the only one of all of them that was fertile.. Lol. Fingers crossed it's at LEAST a pullet.. no cockerel signs yet!

Last edited:
GAM also told me to shut up. Forcept she told me in for real lives.

And our donkeys broke into the chicken pen today. Right through the bottom section of the door. They had to have nearly crawled to get through a space that small. Luckily donkeys don't eat chickens so everything worked out.... forcept the damage I have to repair the dumb asses caused.

My donkeys are dying to get into the chicken pen, where there is (to their minds) unlimited food and fun.
here is Mary Margaret Guadalupe trying to talk hubby into letting her in (instead of fencing her out)

Well the prime suspect is one of the neighborhood dogs decided that he wanted a taste of fresh chicken. But i find it odd that a dog would leave nothing but feathers and rip holes in 2 sides of their pen big enough for me to crawl through.

Usually a dog will kill more than they eat, and leave the bodies.
Sorry for your loss.

Hey, first post here from Cumming. Really wish i posted when i first found this site because this past weekend my coop/run was wrecked and raided. Unfortunately there were no survivors
sad.png
so it may be a while before i have anything else to post but i just wanted you guys to know that i love reading along with you guys and that all this talk of genetics really gets my nerd up.

So sorry to hear that you lost all your chickens! Very Sad

Usually a dog will kill more than they eat, and leave the bodies.
Sorry for your loss.

Yep, maybe off subject, but I have a friend in VA and she raises sheep. She says she doesn't mind the occasional wild coyote kill because they are hungry and eat the kill, but dogs kill for the sport of it and just leave the kills. Packs of dogs are the worst.

Back
Top Bottom