YO GEORGIANS! :)

So I've not been totally off-base clucking to my eggs in lockdown?

By the way, it's awesome. I have one wet, stumbling chick, peeping loudly and one zipping. Ten eggs stll show no signs of hatching. I alternately peep and cluck over the incubator in encouragement.

But are you sure she's deaf? I have GAM convinced that I am deaf so she won't be tempted to talk to me so much. There could possibly be some blatant ignoring going on.

Lmao...poor GAM...and yes im pretty sure, I've got a big mouth and she never heard me or my bag of treats, then she gets skittish when the others run off without her

Brucifer, you are to kind. Thank you for your kind offer and comforting words. The eleven chicks that lived are so sweet and cute. My husband and I do enjoy them. The smallest and only game bantam that we have left is so affectionate. It likes to peck the other chicks toes. I think he/she likes to see them jump.
1f60a.png
We also have one that looks like a tiger, an EE. They are beautiful.

Did you not know the genetics of the hen sitting on the eggs soaks through the shells? That's why they all look the same.
1f612.png
smack.gif

Hahaha! But, I did just read that a hen and chicks in the shell do communicate! That is so cool. I guess that is how the hen knows that some eggs are no good and they kick them out of the nest!
Yes, they do that is how the babies know their mom's cluck.

So I've not been totally off-base clucking to my eggs in lockdown?

By the way, it's awesome. I have one wet, stumbling chick, peeping loudly and one zipping. Ten eggs stll show no signs of hatching. I alternately peep and cluck over the incubator in encouragement.
Every time I turn my eggs I have a little song I sing to them, and when they hatch and I sing it they know my voice and they come running to the side of the bator, it is so cute.
Help! Pretty sure my patty, a Delaware is deaf. How do i handle this ?!
Very carefully, sorry couldn't resist. lol

Brucifer, you are to kind. Thank you for your kind offer and comforting words. The eleven chicks that lived are so sweet and cute. My husband and I do enjoy them. The smallest and only game bantam that we have left is so affectionate. It likes to peck the other chicks toes. I think he/she likes to see them jump.
1f60a.png
We also have one that looks like a tiger, an EE. They are beautiful.
Bantams are so fragile anyway sorry for your loss and shipping is so stressful, next time give sugar water or get the little electrolyte pack from TSC to put in the water to help the babies, you will also need to keep an eye on their bottoms for pasty butt.

Ten eggs still no sign of hatching. The zipping chick gave up half way. I have one lone tiny silky chick peeping to the eggs now and then when it wakes from naps. The silky isn't even my chick, but my friend's whose incubator I am borrowing.
tap on the eggs while holding to your ear and see if you can hear chirps.

Back
Top Bottom