YO GEORGIANS! :)

I am selling my flock of 2 barred rock hens, 2 golden wyandotte hens, 1 barred rock roo and 2 RIR roos, 1 hen that i think is a red ranger and 1 male peken duck. will also trade for quail or small breed chickens, and pretty much any other kind of bird

Just got 8 new Australorps to add to my flock. The wing tips on one of them stick out a little bit and every once in a while she'll get a drive by pecking on her wing tip.... is it something I should worry about? I could probably swap her at the feed store, but don't know what they'd do with her.... I'd hate to pass my problem on to someone else. As long as the pecking doesn't get too bad I guess I can just try to keep an eye on her and separate her out if need be. I've got a hamster cage I could put her in and stick her in the brooder with her buddies so she won't be lonely.

Wing 1.jpg

Wing 2.jpg

You can say that again about everything. I went to check the brooder to find out what had everyone in an uproar and there was a riotous chase going because someone had the choicest piece of pine in her beak and everyone [well, maybe only a few] had to have what she had. Of course once she was being chased, that little flake of pine became even more valuable.

I have to add that seeing the little ones doing the dust bathing maneuvers in the pine flakes has got to be one of the cutest things in the world. I cannot remember seeing my chicks do it so young before.

Hello all, I'm back. Took the wife and kid into TSC to get feed for my two remaining ducks and the wife said you know I really would like some baby ducks. That turned into "well if we're doing baby ducks we may as well get chicks so I can have fresh eggs." So now the one who did not want anything to do with having birds just got us 8 deep again. Threw together a brooder yesterday and now we've got a khaki cambel, a buff duck, 2 black australorps, 2 blue Andalusians, and 2 barnevelders. Does anyone have a lead on Muscovy ducklings?

Hello all, I'm back. Took the wife and kid into TSC to get feed for my two remaining ducks and the wife said you know I really would like some baby ducks. That turned into "well if we're doing baby ducks we may as well get chicks so I can have fresh eggs." So now the one who did not want anything to do with having birds just got us 8 deep again. Threw together a brooder yesterday and now we've got a khaki cambel, a buff duck, 2 black australorps, 2 blue Andalusians, and 2 barnevelders. Does anyone have a lead on Muscovy ducklings?
I’m in 30117 zip code. And I will have Muscovy ducklings within a month.

I ended up buying two Blue Andalusians that after reading do better free range than in a pen. If anyone is doing chicks this year and can free range them I'll sell them to you for what I paid. Located in Stockbridge.

Back
Top Bottom