YO GEORGIANS! :)

I am in southwest Georgia...way down yonder on the Chattahoochee. Anybody else in this neck of the woods? I am also new to chicken raising and this site. If we go to "town" we go to Dothan, AL.

Welcome to BYC!! I’m like an hour and a half from Dothan AL (I think, I just looked it up and forgot already haha).

What kind of chickens do you have? I’m happy we started our chicken journey 2 years ago because it has helped that I learned a lot of stuff in those 2 years instead in the midst of everyone wanting chickens and stuff running out.

I am in southwest Georgia...way down yonder on the Chattahoochee. Anybody else in this neck of the woods? I am also new to chicken raising and this site. If we go to "town" we go to Dothan, AL.
I am in southwest Georgia...way down yonder on the Chattahoochee. Anybody else in this neck of the

Welcome! I am a few months into chicken raising! Located in Northwest Ga. Always go through Dothan when going to FL.

I started out with 8 four week old pullets. I have lost three due to newbie ignorance and figuring out how to handle worms. Now I have 5 wormed, happy and healthy 16 weeks old gals. Waiting for my first eggs. I have three Leghorns, 1 light Brahma, and 1 australorp

I love my Leghorns & Australorps.
I’ve never dewormed my chickens. How did yours get worms? I’m sure one day I’ll have to. How did you find out yours** had worms?

Last edited:
I bought them from an individual, not a store or a breeder

Ohhh okay that makes sense. I’ve only ever bought them from hatcheries and TSC. Still curious how chickens get worms. I’ll have to research that one day.

Yeah it really sucks when people sell chickens just to make money and don’t care about the birds’ health.

That’s awesome I grew up in enterprise. I’m now farther up river in the Lagrange/Carrollton area.

Back
Top Bottom