You know you live in a small town when...

I grew up in a tiny town in SE Alaska, literally next to the airstrip. My Grandparents ran the local aviation gas business.
When your family knows who's plane is landing by the sound of their engine.
When the pilots call down to your parents (via the scanners Everyone in town has but Nobody admits to owning) to let them know you're up in the roof again.
When you're a teenager whose parents leave town for the weekend, and EVERYONE calls every two hours to check in on you, you come down with the 'flu, so the local nurse (who's married to the sheriff, of course) takes you home with her to get you better until your parents return. Chaos ensues, because the aforementioned citizenry is no longer able to reach you via phone, so they call the sheriff, who lets them know you're sick & at his house til your parents get back. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Seriously, I couldn't make this stuff up. 😆
@MamaPoult ! Another Alaskan!

bruh i'm at the table, CLEARLY DOING SOMETHING, and my 8 year old brother comes up and asks if I'll come sit back in the bathroom with him while he takes a shower bc he doesn't want to go back there alone

lets ignore the fact that I'm supposed to be doing high school stuff here tho :oops:

bruh i'm at the table, CLEARLY DOING SOMETHING, and my 8 year old brother comes up and asks if I'll come sit back in the bathroom with him while he takes a shower bc he doesn't want to go back there alone

lets ignore the fact that I'm supposed to be doing high school stuff here tho :oops:
1719280347028.gif

When you can't walk 20 feet without someone running up to say hi and asking how you are, sometimes multiple at once

When there is a horse tied up at Dollar General and you're not even surprised

When everyone knows your dad's truck because it's taller than Andre the Giant and painted camo

I have SOOOO many more...
How about when you know you have to get 'dressed up' to go to the store, because that's considered a community event, and you know a quarter of the town is likely to see you there, and pass it along to at least another quarter... 🙄😏

When you know everyone in your graduating class by name because there were eight girls and one boy. At prom, NONE of you would go with that one boy, because you all remembered him being dropped off on that first day of kindergarten, having REFUSED to go to school, so he was still in his jammies. His Mom dropped him off with a bag of clothes (for when he finally gives in and realizes his Mom is Serious about this whole school thing), and a bag of lunch. Yeah, prom was a bit of a challenge. 🙄😏

How about when you know you have to get 'dressed up' to go to the store, because that's considered a community event, and you know a quarter of the town is likely to see you there, and pass it along to at least another quarter... 🙄😏
That's me 🤣
When you know everyone in your graduating class by name because there were eight girls and one boy. At prom, NONE of you would go with that one boy, because you all remembered him being dropped off on that first day of kindergarten, having REFUSED to go to school, so he was still in his jammies. His Mom dropped him off with a bag of clothes (for when he finally gives in and realizes his Mom is Serious about this whole school thing), and a bag of lunch. Yeah, prom was a bit of a challenge. 🙄😏
Sounds like something that'd happen around here. 😂

Back
Top Bottom