A duckling Having trouble

SunsetAndHaylie

Hatching
Apr 4, 2020
Well Hello to anyone who is reading this but I have a question... I Got a duck Recently (1)
And It has been having trouble lately, It Drinks water Normally But Doesn’t Eat well or doesn’t eat at all. I watered Down It’s food a little and it Sorta ate it after I tried showing it The food. Now it’s gotten to the point where it refuses To Touch the food And It has gotten So weak That It can barely Keep it’s Head up and It’s tired all the time. It’s becoming Somewhat un-Responsive And I had to Hand Feed it just to get it to eat something. The only time it gets a burst of energy is when I Pick it up, Not to long ago it Stumbled Everywhere Causing it To Crash into the water And food and I don’t know what to do. It was doing perfectly fine when I first got it Apart from eating.. I’ve only had it for 3 Days and It scares me that I may wake up with a dead duck. Any advice?

It’s too late.... This post doesn’t matter anymore...... She died in my hands...... A few minutes after posting this.. I noticed She Wasn’t moving or chirping... I checked... She was limp... I tried my best... I heard her heartbeat... She continued to move her head... until it started shaking... like she was having a seizure..... And now a minute ago I checked her heart beat again.... She is gone.... But to answer that question I was feeding her Duckling starter......

Poor dear, I’m so sorry for your loss. Even such a tiny soul can have an impact, so I send hugs to you and healing wishes. :hugs

I want to commend you and say thank you for coming here and posting your question to try and find help. It shows you are concerned for your feathered friends and care for them. And though this happened, you did well by trying to find information.

She wasn’t Shipped but I still want to know what the cause of death Was... I’ve owned Ducks Before and never Experience Anything like this before. It was just out of the blue... Her neck Was Flinging all over the place specifically Up and down As she opened Up her Beak like she was Gasping for air. Any clues? I want to know what to do if it happens Next time when I get a duck, all she was Doing was trying to cuddle up to me that’s It. At least She was a fighter.

It's a hard thing to know for sure but like someone said sometimes things happen in the shell and they just don't thrive after hatch. Do you have other ducks or ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom