Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Currently I’ve been experimenting on one breed but with different bloodlines to see what I can get out of them, and that’s Red Jungle fowl hybrids. Mainly for hobby but with the more chicks that hatch, I’ll be selling the ones that won’t look as good for further breeding and I can sell those to other people who may want them. You know, as they say, another man’s “trash” is another man’s “treasure.” So I hope they don’t take all my money, more than they already have 😅… I hope they turn out purty as well!
Thanks for the update!

You do have a pretty flock.

Hey👋🏾 Still here clucking around lol. The girls and guys are doing well, probably have a few more than when I last logged in. I was actually just looking through Cackle’s catalog lol 😆 Hope all is well with everyone. And don’t let poultry math get the best of you 😉
Thanks for the update!

I hope you find some nice new members of your flock from cackle.

My first black australorps came from them.

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hello, So nice of you to reach out. Thank you. Yes, very busy on the homestead. 12-hour days for sure. We have 4 Golden Comets a little over 2 years old. Until recently, things we're going fine. One chicken started laying a soft/thin-topped egg several weeks ago, but the last 4 mornings I have found a crushed egg in the nesting pad. I'm assuming it's getting crushed when the other chickens lay on it. Only wish there was a way to figure out which chicken is having the issue. Thanks again for checking-in. P.S. Love the wonderful articles that get posted here.

Hello, So nice of you to reach out. Thank you. Yes, very busy on the homestead. 12-hour days for sure. We have 4 Golden Comets a little over 2 years old. Until recently, things we're going fine. One chicken started laying a soft/thin-topped egg several weeks ago, but the last 4 mornings I have found a crushed egg in the nesting pad. I'm assuming it's getting crushed when the other chickens lay on it. Only wish there was a way to figure out which chicken is having the issue. Thanks again for checking-in. P.S. Love the wonderful articles that get posted here.
Hi, glad things are going well for you, for the most part. Unfortunately it can be hard to figure out which hen is laying which egg. The best way to do it is to just be in there while they're laying, and see what egg comes out of what hen. :p

Hey👋🏾 Still here clucking around lol. The girls and guys are doing well, probably have a few more than when I last logged in. I was actually just looking through Cackle’s catalog lol 😆 Hope all is well with everyone. And don’t let poultry math get the best of you 😉
Already did it. Ordered 30 from ideal, and my friend sells silkies so I went over and got her last 3 babies. But I only have 10 chickens though cus ya know chicken math🤣🤣

Cluckingham Palace.

Built this a few months ago. 10 X 26

Super fun project. We had 23 ladies and our bantam rooster, Nugget, in here... they've been free ranging around our yard. But a Hawk got super bold and took three... so they're cooped up for the time being while I work on a gianormous 25 X 75 covered run for them.... stay tuned.

Currently getting about 9 to 15 eggs a day. Need to find a place to give them away to... we're handing them out as fast as we can, but all our coworkers and neighbors are stocked up!!

Love this so much. The perfect addition to our cows, horses, goats, piggies, donkeys, emus and alpacas.

Grateful.

- Ken
1715131814569.png
1715131847627.png

1715132204375.png

1715132240847.png

Cluckingham Palace.

Built this a few months ago. 10 X 26

Super fun project. We had 23 ladies and our bantam rooster, Nugget, in here... they've been free ranging around our yard. But a Hawk got super bold and took three... so they're cooped up for the time being while I work on a gianormous 25 X 75 covered run for them.... stay tuned.

Currently getting about 9 to 15 eggs a day. Need to find a place to give them away to... we're handing them out as fast as we can, but all our coworkers and neighbors are stocked up!!

Love this so much. The perfect addition to our cows, horses, goats, piggies, donkeys, emus and alpacas.

Grateful.

- Ken
View attachment 3824965View attachment 3824966
View attachment 3824971
View attachment 3824972
I can't wait to see the new run! What size is the coop part of this one here?

Back
Top Bottom