First hatch, 2 batches in a brinsea mini.

meeshegg

Hatching
May 13, 2024
Hi mad chicken folk. My name is Michelle, 5 kids and 2 dogs was not enough to keep me occupied, so after a long time grinding him down my other half he finally built me a coop and I have babies developing well in my Brinsea mini.

Initially I had shipped poland, silkie, pekin and sablepoots 3 of each, I candles on day 5 and saw growth only in poland and silkie eggs.
A rash decision was made and the next day I recieved a 6 bantam mix eggs (poland/barbu duccle/pekin). After resting them and checking back on day 7 I swapped the dud ones out and replaced with the 6 new ones, so exactly a week apart.

They are all in cardboard hats pointing down and I'm manually turning using a book.

Today is day 11 and the first 5 are still going strong, life showing in 4 currently of new batch.

lockdown is not far away, was thinnking of using a mesh bag for them to hatch in for easy removal/clean up.

Dry hatching so I'm possibly just going to increase humidity for lock down.

I'm beyond exited. I'm also aware I may have bit of more than I should for a first timer.

Wish me luck.

Hi mad chicken folk. My name is Michelle, 5 kids and 2 dogs was not enough to keep me occupied, so after a long time grinding him down my other half he finally built me a coop and I have babies developing well in my Brinsea mini.

Initially I had shipped poland, silkie, pekin and sablepoots 3 of each, I candles on day 5 and saw growth only in poland and silkie eggs.
A rash decision was made and the next day I recieved a 6 bantam mix eggs (poland/barbu duccle/pekin). After resting them and checking back on day 7 I swapped the dud ones out and replaced with the 6 new ones, so exactly a week apart.

They are all in cardboard hats pointing down and I'm manually turning using a book.

Today is day 11 and the first 5 are still going strong, life showing in 4 currently of new batch.

lockdown is not far away, was thinnking of using a mesh bag for them to hatch in for easy removal/clean up.

Dry hatching so I'm possibly just going to increase humidity for lock down.

I'm beyond exited. I'm also aware I may have bit of more than I should for a first timer.

Wish me luck.
Well good luck and it's probably a good idea to increase the humidity

Back
Top Bottom