Dreaming of Spring Gardening in the Middle of a Wisconsin winter part 2

I think simplifying my plans/dreams might be my best place to start.

Hit it he critical items and hope for energy to do some of the fun items. Yup, important stuff first.

If I terrace the kennel and get the ground work done, whatever that entails, then lay 20 pavers a day that puts it at 31 days to get the pavers down. I figure it will take at least 4 days to prep the area.

Any volunteers to come help? :D

Last edited:
I think simplifying my plans/dreams might be my best place to start.

Hit it he critical items and hope for energy to do some of the fun items. Yup, important stuff first.

If I terrace the kennel and get the ground work done, whatever that entails, them lay 20 pavers a day that puts it at 31 days to get the pavers down. I figure it will take at least 4 days to prep the area.

Any volunteers to come help? :D
Slow and steady wins the race. 😁

I live in Wisconsin. I too, am dreaming of warm, sunny days! And gardening.
Make you deal. I’ll come help if you come help me. Did I mention I have over 200 birds in my Exotics breeding operation. And it’s deworming and coop cleaning time? Prob just cut my nose off to spite my big mouthed face, didn’t I? :heLol

Where in the lovely dairy state that we call home do you reside?

I live in Wisconsin. I too, am dreaming of warm, sunny days! And gardening.
Make you deal. I’ll come help if you come help me. Did I mention I have over 200 birds in my Exotics breeding operation. And it’s deworming and coop cleaning time? Prob just cut my nose off to spite my big mouthed face, didn’t I? :heLol

Where in the lovely dairy state that we call home do you reside?
I'm about right in the center of the state. I probably have around 130 birds including ducks, chickens, turkeys, and geese. I make my husband do all the hard work. :p I've probably got another 5-10 years until he's as bad off as I am.

Northern Ohio here. I can't wait for spring, it's my favorite time of year. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinth, love it when they all come up and kiss winter goodbye. For my veggie garden, I plan on doing the usual- tomatoes(romas and beefsteak), carrots, corn, green beans, peppers, onions, sweet pots. And a few more but haven't figured it out yet. I might do strawberries again, that was fun. I love canning and preserving my own food too. Going out to the garden and getting fresh veggies for dinner, then to the coop and getting fresh eggs for breakfast is heavenly to me. I have a raised garden bed that hubby and I put "black gold" in every year. Black gold is free dirt and composted leaves from a neighboring city. You haul it, you can have it. We have loaded countless trailer fulls over the years. The chickens love to use it as a dirt bath too. Come on spring, can't wait for you!

I'm drooling over fresh produce. :drool Strawberries are one of my favorite, but lately I'm having problems finding a good variety and getting it established. I used to have a wonderful one, but I moved my bed, and decided to try new varieties. That was a big mistake. I can't remember what the original variety was because it was about 25 years ago. :hmm

I used to can, but now I just do some freezing of some tomatoes and any extra stuff. I love vegetables, and fruit. :)

I think my strawberry plants are Fort Laramie. I planted them last year in a self watering experiment. They grew well and had nice big berries. I moved them to a raised bed late in the season so pray for survival.

I have some Ozark beauty ones as well but the fruit is very small. I will be lifting that bed to fix it up and might scrap them.

Last edited:
I grew guerneys whoppers, and got wonderful big sweet berries, than all the plants died. I find out they are zone 5, we are zone 4. I bought more and put them in a raised planter. I didn't get very many. We will see if they survive in my shed for the winter.

I was out of the gardening game last year due to my shoulder replacement reversal. My head and heart is back in the game, so hopefully I can finally pick a good strawberry variety. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom