Egg Help-white ring

cgcoop

Hatching
Sep 20, 2020
I have three hens and one of them for the last three weeks has been laying eggs that have a white ring around the center and that white ring is very weak typically cracks on the slightest touch. The rest of the eggshell seems okay. I have tried increasing their calcium input and protein input any suggestions on what it might be
20210818_101815.jpg

I have three hens and one of them for the last three weeks has been laying eggs that have a white ring around the center and that white ring is very weak typically cracks on the slightest touch. The rest of the eggshell seems okay. I have tried increasing their calcium input and protein input any suggestions on what it might beView attachment 2802830
Are they new layers? What type of calcium supplements are you giving? What is the percentage on the protein in the feed?
The ring may just be a pigmentation change that is temporary, a lot of people make the joke that your hen may be "running out of ink". As far as the egg being soft, I would definitely recommend calcium supplements of some sort and at least an 18% protein feed.

Are they new layers? What type of calcium supplements are you giving? What is the percentage on the protein in the feed?
The ring may just be a pigmentation change that is temporary, a lot of people make the joke that your hen may be "running out of ink". As far as the egg being soft, I would definitely recommend calcium supplements of some sort and at least an 18% protein feed.
Thank you. I do have a calcium supplement in there pen. It is crushed oyster shell. Lately I have been crumbling that up even more and sprinkling it in their treats to make sure they get it. One of my hens eggs shells are super strong like you can't even crack them the other one is like this

Back
Top Bottom