There is nothing like a chicken that follows you around like a shadow.
Does Phyllis bite when you ignore her?
Busy follows me. If I pay attention to any other chicken she pinches the heck out of me. Her beak is a weapon. She jumps up and grabs my clothes too. She's torn several shirts. She is adorable in an evil kind of way.
20240325_175624.jpg

20230910_182736.jpg

I got Poppets weight a few minutes ago. 1lb 15.8oz. Branch is another story. It has rained, yard is muddy and he wants to play catch me if you can. What he really wants is for me to fall flat on my face in the mud. Not happening monkey man. I will get you tonight. Ever since we redid the roost he now sleeps in the coop. He is spoiled though, and waits for me on top of Russ's stall board to pack him to the roost.

I got Poppets weight a few minutes ago. 1lb 15.8oz. Branch is another story. It has rained, yard is muddy and he wants to play catch me if you can. What he really wants is for me to fall flat on my face in the mud. Not happening monkey man. I will get you tonight. Ever since we redid the roost he now sleeps in the coop. He is spoiled though, and waits for me on top of Russ's stall board to pack him to the roost.
Until you posted that weight I had no concept of how tiny she is!

Yup I love these polish. It helps that Phyllis is obsessed with me. 😆
Bob did I show you this lovely lady?

She is from one of the eggs I gave to Teddy’s owner, last year. She is a silkie Mr P cross, not sure who the mama is, but she has feathered legs so we know she’s half silkie 😊

2626F55B-FE51-463A-9E82-F3B4304AD596.jpeg
001C26E9-FB87-4701-9179-C87BB6195A2E.jpeg
AB7E34EF-6ED9-46B3-8BA9-E2AA7A5D4F41.jpeg

And she’s a splash!

Until you posted that weight I had no concept of how tiny she is!
Honestly, I am shocked she weighs that much. I was thinking 1 1/2lbs to be honest, barely that. She is and always has been tiny. There was a reason why back in December I was hoping she would hold off until at least February to lay so she could grow. She just took it to another level on making me wait. Totally normal though for silkies. Throw those little things in with a flock of large fowl and the sight can be a shock to the system. Her weight also brings it more into focus just how feisty she is. By far the smallest flock member and yet in the top 5 as far as pecking order goes. She has her minions in fear of her the little fluff. Sigh, that first egg, it has done it. The little Pop needs to go broody this year. She will be a terror I know. The cutest little pterodactyl there is.

Back
Top Bottom