Giving my muscovy ducks away

chersmom

In the Brooder
May 27, 2021
A few months ago I posted about how I was looking for a place from my baby pekin ducks. Turns out, they were muscovy ducks, and I have only just found a nice home to send them to. I feel so depressed that I can't keep them but I am happy they will be in a nice home surrounded by other animals. I just am wondering how long it will take for them to adjust and whether they will get sad as well. I know there is no point in asking but I know this is going to be a huge change for them, and am wondering if there is anything I can do to make this easier for them (or if they won't even have a hard time adjusting). They love spending time with me, but my two females also love flying around my neighbourhood and exploring, leaving my male duck to be lonely. I'm hoping the move will allow my females to explore, and my male duck won't be lonely as he'll be surrounded by other flightless ducks, as well as friendly new owners. I really just hope they won't miss me or feel abandoned.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 1.42.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 1.42.06 AM.png
    401 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 1.41.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 1.41.54 AM.png
    589.9 KB · Views: 11
One problem I see is since they won't be use to their new home the females may fly off and not return. If mine I believe I would trim one wing on each female. They will grow back once they molt and they will be settled in by then. I'd discuss this with the new owners. They are gorgeous ducks I am so sorry you're having to give them up.

I am in need of rehoming a Muscovy Drake about 8 months old. I am seeking to do a trade duck for duck where I need a Muscovy hen for the Muscovy Drake I am currently rehabbing and keeping. Gilligan has had his wings clipped this month so he would stay put for now and once he is rehomed, the new owner will not have to do it. Pls refer any resource where this can happen, I live in Daytona Beach Fl. TY

Back
Top Bottom