Goose nest suddenly stinks during hatch

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
Polly is hatching some goslings right now, one hatched yesterday but today there is a slightly weird smell that is worrying me :^( it’s not a rotten egg smell though I’m not exactly sure what it is - another egg is hatching and I’m worried it may be that, it seems to be mid hatch and i would prefer to leave it but I know that bad smells can be really bad, any thoughts?

Update: found the source of the smell, it was the eggshell from the first hatched that had gone all slimey and weird inside, I’ve removed it safely and the weird smell is going away now! Second gosling has also hatched and looks like a third has pipped

where are the pictures….
Don’t have many because I try not to move her up and instead try to wait until she stands up herself for a second haha, the egg picture is from earlier because that gosling since came out of the egg and is now drying under her and I removed that egg shell after a bit because it was a bit poopy inside 😅 first gosling has been really lively and friendly

IMG_4945.jpeg
IMG_4968.jpeg
IMG_4974.jpeg

Don’t have many because I try not to move her up and instead try to wait until she stands up herself for a second haha, the egg picture is from earlier because that gosling since came out of the egg and is now drying under her and I removed that egg shell after a bit because it was a bit poopy inside 😅 first gosling has been really lively and friendly

View attachment 3821692View attachment 3821691View attachment 3821690
oh my oh my so precious thanks!! i’m so excited mine should start hatching in a few more days now i can’t wait 🥰

Back
Top Bottom