Help Coryza!

WildCHILD400

Songster
Jul 21, 2017
HELP! I have two golden laced wyandottes, an isa brown and a Cochin frizzle bantam. I have them strictly as pets and laying purposes. I have a friend who rescued a few chickens from a barn turns out 3 out of 4 were roosters and she discovered she couldn't keep Roos in her subdivision an didn't want to keep the one hen alone and didn't have enough time to care for the hen so she took her back to the barn. Even tho she felt terrible doing so because at the barn the chickens never and I mean never get any natural light or outdoor time, no good veggies or fruit just chicken feed and stuffed with about 30 other chickens. I want to take her in she's a pretty Rhode Island white about 3 month old not laying yet. There's just one catch she has coryza! Can I still get her and safely keep he with others? Once she gets outdoor time and food with nutrients will she get better? MY friend has been putting eyedrops in about 3 times a week for a month now. How is coryza spread and how can I treat it and introduce her with a new flock and will it spread and kill my other birds? Any replies help thx!

Coryza is never cured. Even if she did not currently have symptoms, she would still carry the disease and infect your birds.

How do you know she has coryza? What are the eye drops for? Eye drops will not help a respiratory disease, which is what coryza is.

Back
Top Bottom