I just know its a roo (EE) but im still hoping not... help!

I think you still have hope.
big_smile.png
You'll know better after another week goes by.

I know how you feel, I'm in the same position, hoping my mystery chick is a pullet!

sigh~ I think roo too.
We aren't allowed to have roosters in the city limits and my neighbor is already calling her/him gumbo
sad.png

Everyday 'she' gets a little more 'he' and I swear I heard something try to crow from the brooder today but it could have been my imagination, they are only 4.5 weeks.

I've started asking around to see if anyone would like an attractive roo or a very masculine pullet for their flock...
Thanks for the photo~ I thought that was neat to see how he will feather up and look in a little bit.
We will keep her/him around for another few weeks and Ill keep posting photos.
As my roommate says- Maybe its a hermaphrodite!

Of course i was at the feed store trying to talk my roommates into two wynadottes today (because one would be lonely, right?) gotta love the chicken math!

Great news!
I was just chatting with the lady that handles the chickens at the feed store where i bought my 'pullet' and I mentioned in passing that my little EE pullet is looking a little like a cockerel.
As it turns out she had taken home about 8 EE's from that same hatch and she offered to let me swap my potential roo for a pullet of the same age
big_smile.png
She said she could use a roo at her farm.
What a relief!

Thought i'd post some more pics before we trade 'him' in~ you know, just in case somehow he is a pullet
wink.png

Soooo cute! I wish we could keep him here
sad.png

Hatch date: March 2nd- puts him right around 5 weeks old...

look at the cheek poofs!
81828_photo-45.jpg

81828_photo-43.jpg

Some of his feathers are starting to get a brown tint:
81828_photo-47.jpg

81828_photo-44.jpg

I'm glad we found him a home. I sure was dreading that
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom