Is this egg dead? Day 22

Sarah508

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2022
Day 22 of incubating silkies, no pipping out of the two that made it this far, and only a very small amount of movement. They’re shipped eggs. Does anyone know what these red dots are? Have they not made it? Not sure that I can hear any chirping. Thanks

Attachments

• 3EFFEF06-44A1-48E2-BD90-1B82FF91C76C.jpeg
    3EFFEF06-44A1-48E2-BD90-1B82FF91C76C.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 60
Day 22 of incubating silkies, no pipping out of the two that made it this far, and only a very small amount of movement. They’re shipped eggs. Does anyone know what these red dots are? Have they not made it? Not sure that I can hear any chirping. Thanks
Hate to say it... Looks like it quit days ago. Should have either pipped/hatched by now, and even if it didn't, the chick should have occupied the whole egg :(

I can see one vein but it looks like they're breaking down. Can you see any movement? You must be certain that the eggs are still, while looking for deliberate movements. Any veins at the top near the air cell?
By day 22, the egg should be totally full up and dark.
Do you have a calibrated thermometer in the incubator? What does it read?

Back
Top Bottom