Meet Tucker!

Thanks, i do have some experience with agilty, my other golden can do it but she has super baf anxiety and gets scared around 20 plus people. I do plan on showing him hopefully, he isnt registered so i will have to register him through the PAL program. I will definitely remeber toys although he is super into treats. Thanks again!
I used to do breed shows. I had small dogs - nothing as big as your Lil' Boi's gonna be. My biggest tip is to socialize the living daylights out of him! Take him to the feed store. Take him to the "people park." He's still little for dog parks - give him a few months past his final immunizations.
Each time you go, spend a few minutes on training, too. Take treats, take toys, but also take a clicker, or whatever training aid you plan to use. Teach him that, as soon as he hears the clicker, he needs to disregard everything/one else and focus solely on you and the business at hand. The idea is to have him comfortable around, but not distracted by what's going on around him when it's time to work. If you reward him and make it fun, he'll be people-savvy in no time and you'll have a great training partner!

Adorable! My cat trained me how to walk her, open the door for her, etc.

Humans are fast learners :)
My cats would definitely argue that last point. I'm convinced that they find their own humans a bit slow on the uptake ... but, personally, I think their expectations are simply WAY too high! 🐱

I used to do breed shows. I had small dogs - nothing as big as your Lil' Boi's gonna be. My biggest tip is to socialize the living daylights out of him! Take him to the feed store. Take him to the "people park." He's still little for dog parks - give him a few months past his final immunizations.
Each time you go, spend a few minutes on training, too. Take treats, take toys, but also take a clicker, or whatever training aid you plan to use. Teach him that, as soon as he hears the clicker, he needs to disregard everything/one else and focus solely on you and the business at hand. The idea is to have him comfortable around, but not distracted by what's going on around him when it's time to work. If you reward him and make it fun, he'll be people-savvy in no time and you'll have a great training partner!
Thank you! Since he was UPD on all his shots i took him to a feed store and he did great! He picked out a toy as his reward! He loves everyone he has met and im going to take him to a local park that no one has been at for a few weeks to introduce him to that environment. Then a vet visit will help his experience to. He hasnt been scared anywhere yet, and noises dont bother him. I actually was able to get him to focus better not at our house.

I took him to the park today for a few minutes since we live close and he loved it(not a dog park, i honestly dont trust any dogs i dont know). He is finally getting over barking in his kennel and he hasnt had a accident since the second day he was home! He slept all night and he knows sit and stay now.

Tucker went to a training class last night, and he was the best behaved! He is learning quick and the class is helping. The first class yesterdays(we did sit, stay, socializing and making sure they are not scared of noises, teeth brushing and brushing). Next class we are doing some agility!

The puppy class last night went well. He was a little scared at first of the agility/confidence course. The tunnel was the hardest thing to get him to go through. Ill get some pictures posted of him. He is already getting so big. He has a vet appointment today, and he isnt scared of any noises yet.

Sorry i havent posted since last week its been busy. He also wasnt the best after the vet appointment, because the vet poked a shot through ond side of his skin right out the other. He had his last puppy preschool class on Tuesday night, we didnt do much just talked, which was a waste of $250. We are going to try and sign him and our other golden up for another class, which is 6 weeks long and teaches basic obedience/intermediate obedience. They also have agility classes which i hope to go through! Here are some pictures of him! These are from last week and he has already grown 6lbs
20230203_215655.jpg
20230203_215734.jpg

Hi'ya, Tuck! (that's what I say to my neighbor's dog).
He is beautiful! There's nothing like a golden. I have two, myself. Have had many, over the years. Congratulations!
Thank you! IMO Golden Retrievers are the best! We call him Tux for short. I dont think i could ever go back to labs after having them.

Back
Top Bottom