My 13wk old is crowing nonstop.

This is the part that makes me think it's a cockerel. The saddle feathers on a cockerel are pointy like this.
1656439160894.png

Comparison Jersey Giant from the internet:
1656439233925.png

Looking a lot like this fella.

The tail feathers a a hen aren't nearly as long either:
(random Jersey photo from the internet)
1656439334869.png

Last edited:
This is the part that makes me think it's a cockerel. The saddle feathers on a cockerel are pointy like this.
View attachment 3166911
Comparison Jersey Giant from the internet:
View attachment 3166916
Looking a lot like this fella.

The tail feathers a a hen aren't nearly as long either:
(random Jersey photo from the internet)
View attachment 3166927
Ah dangit. Sorry if I'm clinging to hope with my stubbornness here. We aren't allowed to have roosters so if she is a he then idk what to do

We were just about to introduce layer feed too. I guess we probably shouldn't.

If this is true and she's a rooster are there any suggestions for what to do? It's gonna be extremely hard to give Max up. But it's illegal to have one in the city.

I cannot express how sad this makes me.
I know exactly how you feel, I'm literally dealing with the same thing lol. My two BLRW turned out to be cockerels and I can't have them either. I'm just waiting for them to crow before I give them up, the nail in the coffin that they're 100% boys. 😭
You can try posting to the local forum for your town on here, or posting up to craigslist. I suggest that if you post to craigslist, you ask for a small fee. Like 5 or 10 bucks just in hopes that it'll deter some random person from picking them up for fighting (or eating).

I just told my wife and she's obliterated. I think we are gonna try to keep her (him, sigh) but inside over night so when he crows it'll just be annoying to, like, me

I just told my wife and she's obliterated. I think we are gonna try to keep her (him, sigh) but inside over night so when he crows it'll just be annoying to, like, me
dark dark room...and offer all your neighbors some eggs in hopes they don't report it! best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom