New Hen House build

I finally set the last of the 4X4's yesterday.

In the close up shot you can see the hose bib at the left on the outside of the run.The irrigation cover (not set to height yet) has a shut off valve, the pressure reducer that feeds the 1/2" PVC pipes, and an anti siphon valve for any irrigation I may want to add around the run.
I like the idea of having climbing vines, sunflowers and lavender around the perimeter of the run.
Obviously that's at the bottom of my to do list.

The outlet my extension cord is plugged into on the left has one constant hot outlet, and one switched outlet. The plan is to hard-wire a 15W heater cord to the switched side and wrap it around the 1/2" PVC pipe the watering cups are attached to; for those cold mornings.

Last edited:
My progress has been pretty slow... I've been digging the trenches around the perimeter of the run so I can bury the 1/2" hardware cloth and bend it out 12-18" to discourage any potential diggers.

Updated pics of my progress. While digging the trench for the hardware cloth I discovered a 3-4' cluster of rocks that I need to bust up before I finish the 8' to 16' section of the run.
With this new discovery I decided to give my back a rest and start hanging the 3/8" sheathing on the inside of the hen house.

The hardware cloth was delivered today. . . Still so much to do.

That is one of the nicest looking coops I have seen. It's going to be a shame to see it with poop all over it.
wink.png

bow.gif
.......wow! that coop is amazing! loving all the pictures. I can't wait to show this to my husband and hear him laugh when i tell him that is the kind of coop i want
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom