The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
One of his hens.

1000005184.jpg

Just got my first broody pullet 😐. I may have overlooked the brooding tendencies of ameraucana bantams- as in I had no clue they went broody and never thought to even look it up. Whoops.View attachment 3767445
So pretty!
Every breed goes broody eventually.
My d’Anvers are moderately broody.

So pretty!
Every breed goes broody eventually.
My d’Anvers are moderately broody.
Thank you!
The broodiness of each breed is something I’ve very slowly been learning. Unless it’s a breed renown for being broody, I’ve been somewhat defaulting to assuming I wouldn’t get broody hens. I’ve been bamboozled by surprise broody hens in breeds where you don’t hear about broodiness several times now… Yet still made the assumption my ameraucanas wouldn’t go broody 😬. Definitely my fault for not researching, I now know ameraucanas are able to go broody though.

That’s unfortunate. The middle one looks like he could be splash wheaten, but the others for for sure mixed color. I can imagine that was very disappointing.
Not really. It was a test on the new incubator and I got a female that looks brown red but on blue instead of black. I might be able to do something I want with that.

They are cute, my birds are just EEs. I am thinking about getting bantam Ameraucana but figure eggs fir hatching or from hatcheries they will be EEs.
Yeah there is not a hatchery that carries true Ameraucana bantams yet. Cackle has the large fowl and they are pretty good quality for starting a flock to work on.

Back
Top Bottom