The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Here’s my beautiful splash ameraucana named Zoe! She has quickly made me fall in love with the breed and now I want so many more colors! 🥰

Attachments

• 34D5EEF0-3A1F-4ED6-91B8-C196A43D799F.jpeg
    34D5EEF0-3A1F-4ED6-91B8-C196A43D799F.jpeg
    673.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 84A13FAE-09D8-4E6E-976D-8B08F5BB9A49.jpeg
    84A13FAE-09D8-4E6E-976D-8B08F5BB9A49.jpeg
    525.1 KB · Views: 5
She's adorable!! Aren't they just the best birds? I just love them :)
Yes they are!! I’ve seen people say Ameracaunas are more flighty but mine has been an absolute sweetheart. She’s always below me and I have to be careful where I step! Looking to get wheaten and isabel coloring next! 👀

Yes they are!! I’ve seen people say Ameracaunas are more flighty but mine has been an absolute sweetheart. She’s always below me and I have to be careful where I step! Looking to get wheaten and isabel coloring next! 👀
I got a splash this year, was sweet as can be but ended up being a cockerel so he went to a new home

Oooo, the isabel color is sooo pretty! I know a lady who has beautiful Ameraucanas, including wheatens...when I have the space I am totally getting more haha. Another lady has bantam wheatens...I'm definitely interested in the bantam sizes! I am considering breeding Ameraucanas as my primary standard breed, but my space is limited...so bantams would be easier! Where are you in CA? The lady I got mine from is about an hour from Sacramento and they are just gorgeous birds! :love

I got a splash this year, was sweet as can be but ended up being a cockerel so he went to a new home
They are such good roosters! So gentle and gorgeous! A girl I met at the county fair did Master Showmanship with a splash cockerel, he was so well behaved! :love Sorry you had to rehome him! I bought my splash girl as a grown out pullet...so I wouldn't be crushed haha.

They are such good roosters! So gentle and gorgeous! A girl I met at the county fair did Master Showmanship with a splash cockerel, he was so well behaved! :love Sorry you had to rehome him! I bought my splash girl as a grown out pullet...so I wouldn't be crushed haha.
I didn't "have" to rehome him, I chose to, we live in the country with a good chunk of property and zero chicken ordinances, but I decided that I didn't want to lose the dynamic I have with my ladies, so I found him a flock of game hens ;) I've been wanting one for the last 2 years, I'll try again in the future.

I didn't "have" to rehome him, I chose to, we live in the country with a good chunk of property and zero chicken ordinances, but I decided that I didn't want to lose the dynamic I have with my ladies, so I found him a flock of game hens ;) I've been wanting one for the last 2 years, I'll try again in the future.
Ahhh, gotcha! Definitely understand that! I hope you are able to get one in the future! :)

Back
Top Bottom