The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Any chance my Americana/EE from Murray McM is a true Ameraucana? Look at her! She has slate legs (not green like all my other EE), and seems to be one color with no patterning. What do you all think? That would be pretty awesome since I was expecting an EE of some sort.

View attachment 3194588
What does the comb look like? Is she bearded?

Any chance my Americana/EE from Murray McM is a true Ameraucana? Look at her! She has slate legs (not green like all my other EE), and seems to be one color with no patterning. What do you all think? That would be pretty awesome since I was expecting an EE of some sort.

View attachment 3194588
They don't separate their flock out at all, so they really do just have Easter Eggers that they call Americaunas. It's kind of deceptive and disappointing really, because some people say their birds lay green or pink eggs, and I got 2 from McMurray hoping for blue. One of them is my absolute favorite cuddle bug though, so even if she doesn't lay blue I'll love her forever, but I'll find out in a few months.

Easter eggers dont have muffs or beards, plus i think amarucanas lay blue eggs! My black sex link rizo is ALWAYS photobombing! 🤣
also sense EE’s are mixes, they could have small muffs and or beards, but its not the same, and usually rare and faint.
? I thought EEs do have muffs & beards. Not wattles. I have 2 EEs and they have muffs.

They don't separate their flock out at all, so they really do just have Easter Eggers that they call Americaunas. It's kind of deceptive and disappointing really, because some people say their birds lay green or pink eggs, and I got 2 from McMurray hoping for blue. One of them is my absolute favorite cuddle bug though, so even if she doesn't lay blue I'll love her forever, but I'll find out in a few months.
https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/blue-ameraucana.html

From the description, these are BBS Ameraucanas, they do also have EE's that they refer to as Ameraucanas, but they aren't

View attachment 3194588
I know MurrayMcMurray has BBS Ameraucanas, but they also say their birds sometimes throw white offspring, so it might be possible they have recessive white in their lines.

8D9B4D98-690B-4F88-90A8-A0BF31AE36A5.png

? I thought EEs do have muffs & beards. Not wattles. I have 2 EEs and they have muffs.
They can have muffs/beards and be non-bearded. It just depends on what was used to create them, lots of Legbar mixed Easter eggers are clean faced. Many that were created with an Ameraucana at some point have the beards and muffs.

Back
Top Bottom