The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Oh my! Yeah you are right! That is not a lavender! Looks blue like you thought!
Lol, I thought so. The lavenders usually look much more uniform in color, right, even as chicks?
Could it possibly be silver? I actually have never seen the silvers as chicks?
No, she's definitely not a silver. These are my silver babies...
20220724_102717.jpg 20220724_102949.jpg

Lol, I thought so. The lavenders usually look much more uniform in color, right, even as chicks?

View attachment 3202466View attachment 3202467
Ahhh yeah definitely not silver haha! Yeah she must be a black split! Just not as dark on camera as she must be in real life! My black babies were SO black but cameras and lighting always fool the eye!

View attachment 3202466View attachment 3202467
Yes, the lavenders always look 100% lavender, there’s never yellow down. I was sold a lavender Orpington and after I got it home I noticed it was lavender and yellow…thought huh, that’s different I didn’t know they could have yellow down. Well they don’t haha…he grew up to be lavender cuckoo! Which was even prettier but still 😆

Ahhh yeah definitely not silver haha! Yeah she must be a black split! Just not as dark on camera as she must be in real life! My black babies were SO black but cameras and lighting always fool the eye!
Yeah, I keep wondering if there's a chance she's blue split to lavender, cuz she's not BLACK, just really dark blue looking. Is it possible to randomly get a blue in a black/lav cross?

Yeah, I keep wondering if there's a chance she's blue split to lavender, cuz she's not BLACK, just really dark blue looking. Is it possible to randomly get a blue in a black/lav cross?
Yeah it is possible! They don’t recommend mixing your lavenders with blues because they can make it tough to tell if they’re true blues or blue/lavenders. From what I’ve been told anyway 😆

Yeah it is possible! They don’t recommend mixing your lavenders with blues because they can make it tough to tell if they’re true blues or blue/lavenders. From what I’ve been told anyway 😆
Oh jeez. Well, good thing I put a legband on her so I don't accidentally breed her to my blues later or something. I hope I'm able to tell what she really is at some point, otherwise she'll be doomed to the layer flock with the rest of the rejects, lol. Like my little splash baby that I believe is blind in one eye. Man, I'm having rotten luck with the few babies I've managed to hatch out. Good news is, the next lavender to hatch out looks exactly like she should. Soooo loud tho!

Back
Top Bottom