The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
Today's the day I take Week 2 pics of all the babies! I already think I've spotted 2-3 boys in the wheatens. The 3rd I'm not sure about because if it is a boy, I think it's a splash wheaten, so may take a bit longer to know with him. The other 2 though, I'm pretty sure they're boys. A wheaten and blue wheaten I think. Pretty sure I'll know for sure by next week.

Today's the day I take Week 2 pics of all the babies! I already think I've spotted 2-3 boys in the wheatens. The 3rd I'm not sure about because if it is a boy, I think it's a splash wheaten, so may take a bit longer to know with him. The other 2 though, I'm pretty sure they're boys. A wheaten and blue wheaten I think. Pretty sure I'll know for sure by next week.
Yay, hopefully this means we will get to see them? :D

Oh, and also, I'll be adding another thread for my Self Blues on Wednesday when they turn a week old. There's only 2 Lavenders and a Black Split, but I'll be keeping track of them anyways. I know they're notoriously difficult to sex so I definitely want to include them. And this coming Spring I'm gonna try to get ahold of some Brown Reds and I'll do the same with them. Don't worry, I'll post links here so you guys can find them 😉

I have two, very friendly. I had rooster but lost him suddenly. Was a sad day for us. Sparkle and glitter are hens so far. Sparkle has started laying and Glitter is still to young to tell for sure.
6B50AF38-2C55-4361-8E82-FF795EDE2180.jpeg
0411D1B0-EA28-4A2E-8A98-67C632D9EFF4.jpeg

Yesss, silkied Ameraucanas are on my list!! 😍 Love me some silkied feathers!
Yes! I love silkied feathers. Although I am not the biggest fan of silkies… I know a very unpopular opinion lol, I just find them to be quite skittish. I like the silkie feathering more in other breeds like the bantam Cochins, Seramas, and Ameraucanas.

Back
Top Bottom