The AMERAUCANA thread

Pics
That black male(or dark blue?) is stunning! He's got a beautiful tail in particular, and a nice small comb.
Thanks! I agree, he’s quite handsome and his comb is nice and tight, I sure hope it stays that way! 🤪 His only issue is some gold leakage in his hackles. It's very light leakage though, so shouldn't cause too many issues in breeding I hope! My best type boy is also gorgeous, but he's got some massive leakage 😫 So much so ww named him Leaky 😆 He’s also a bit of a butt! 🤪

Attachments

• D7BDEA4F-52A2-4B00-9EC5-0EC194B0E486.jpeg
    D7BDEA4F-52A2-4B00-9EC5-0EC194B0E486.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 85456E50-9C0B-4BC8-98E2-DBE9DCBFF171.jpeg
    85456E50-9C0B-4BC8-98E2-DBE9DCBFF171.jpeg
    580.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks! I agree, he’s quite handsome and his comb is nice and tight, I sure hope it stays that way! 🤪 His only issue is some gold leakage in his hackles. It's very light leakage though, so shouldn't cause too many issues in breeding I hope! My best type boy is also gorgeous, but he's got some massive leakage 😫 So much so ww named him Leaky 😆 He’s also a bit of a butt! 🤪
Oh my lavender Ameraucana rooster has a lot of yellow on him will that go away when he molts?

Oh my lavender Ameraucana rooster has a lot of yellow on him will that go away when he molts?
In my experience it’s not likely, but it depends on if the yellow is true leakage or if the diet is really high in corn, or if it’s sun bleaching. My self blue boys had a lot of yellow from leakage and it seems to be an issue in self blues, but my white boy is yellow from the sun and those can be fixed by molting. They say colors prone to sun yellowing should avoid corn completely. I’m not sure how true that is though! Leakage is just poor genes unfortunately 😫

In my experience it’s not likely, but it depends on if the yellow is true leakage or if the diet is really high in corn, or if it’s sun bleaching. My self blue boys had a lot of yellow from leakage and it seems to be an issue in self blues, but my white boy is yellow from the sun and those can be fixed by molting. They say colors prone to sun yellowing should avoid corn completely. I’m not sure how true that is though! Leakage is just poor genes unfortunately 😫
That yellowing can be gold leakage or sun bleaching.

Well they do eat a lot of corn, and are outside all day every day. It kinda just looks like he's dirty So it's probably sun bleaching. Can someone post a picture of an example of sun bleaching? Some of the older lavender hens have some yellow too but not the younger pullets

Back
Top Bottom